Netflix Format issue

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I hope this is the proper spot for this. Just this evening my Netflix started looking weird. I have small black bars top and bottom for all the shows and it is slightly squished vertically. It is not my TV, I know what I am doing. The menu is fine, but every show that I watch looks weird. Even if I put the TV into a 4:3 mode, the image is still slightly squished vertically. I've reset everything and no difference. Again, this just started. Anyone else seeing this, it's very annoying.

Thanks.

What Netflix receiving device are you using? Nothing has changed here. Sounds to me like one of your devices is set to letterbox or anamorphic mode- OFF and you had it set to on before for natural AR.

Hi Don, as I said, I know what I'm doing with my equipment, I've had HD since it's inception and am a home theater geek. Nothing changed on my gear. I use a Panny BD-65 BR player hooked to a 42" Panny Plasma. I always have the TV on FULL mode for natural HD. Something happened to my second post last night, I replied that I left Netflix, watched some trailers on VUDU and a show on Amazon, went back to Netflix and it was working properly. I changed nothing during this time, so I can only guess that Netflix had an issue because none of the other providers did.

I should have clarified that the Netflix menu was properly displayed and any other provider coming through my BD-65 looked fine and from any of my other gear. Only the shows on Netflix were vertically squished.

Thanks for your advice, I respect your opinion and love reading your posts.

Well, OK, it must have been a momentary hiccup at Netflix. They've had those before and were always temporary as it seems this one was for you. I've had one which was very basic and got a notice, "Netflix is unable to find the requested movie at this time, please try back later" That lasted all night but the next day that movie was available.