Netflix Hopper 3 Question

Wow! That is really weird. I wonder if I might have to actually use Dish's Netflix for a certain length of time before the speed will show up? (I mostly use my Fire Stick or Roku for Netflix viewing). As I said, I got the same result both before and after the firmware update.
Did you try the Reload Netflix button?

My 4k netflix works fine but here is what I get checking the network.
capture_20180730_163053.jpg

Same on both Hoppers

Reactions: charlesrshell
I tested my Family Room Hopper3 Netflix app.
It is connected to the internet via Moca since you can only have 1 Hopper3 wired connection.
The Hopper3 shows the correct IP address of 192.168.1.21 (I use static addresses for all my equipment). The Hopper3 connection speed was 112.729 Mbps.
When I first checked the Netflix app it came out No internet connection. It was trying to use an IP address of 169.254.xx.xx.

I reset the Hopper3 network. This time the Hopper3 Netflix app showed the correct IP address of 192.168.1.21. It also showed that Netflix server 1,2, and 3 were all connected. It showed a connection speed of 16.55 Mbps.
Despite the low connection speed the Netflix 4K content showed up. I tested “Lost in Space” and the TV resolution was 3840x2160.
So it appears that my Hopper3 was able to show Netflix 4K content even though the speed was reported as 16.55 Mbps.

By the way, I have checked the speed on both of my Hopper3 receivers many times. My Hopper3 speeds always seem to range from 111-115 Mbps and the reported Netflix speeds range from 16-18 Mbps. Whenever I can see all 3 Netflix servers, I am able to view 4K content.
Whenever I see the Netflix Internet connection being reported as 169.254.xx.xx the 4K does not work until I reset the Hopper3 network.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I tested my Family Room Hopper3 Netflix app.
It is connected to the internet via Moca since you can only have 1 Hopper3 wired connection.
The Hopper3 shows the correct IP address of 192.168.1.21 (I use static addresses for all my equipment). The Hopper3 connection speed was 112.729 Mbps.
When I first checked the Netflix app it came out No internet connection. It was trying to use an IP address of 169.254.xx.xx.

I reset the Hopper3 network. This time the Hopper3 Netflix app showed the correct IP address of 192.168.1.21. It also showed that Netflix server 1,2, and 3 were all connected. It showed a connection speed of 16.55 Mbps.
Despite the low connection speed the Netflix 4K content showed up. I tested “Lost in Space” and the TV resolution was 3840x2160.
So it appears that my Hopper3 was able to show Netflix 4K content even though the speed was reported as 16.55 Mbps.

By the way, I have checked the speed on both of my Hopper3 receivers many times. My Hopper3 speeds always seem to range from 111-115 Mbps and the reported Netflix speeds range from 16-18 Mbps. Whenever I can see all 3 Netflix servers, I am able to view 4K content.
Whenever I see the Netflix Internet connection being reported as 169.254.xx.xx the 4K does not work until I reset the Hopper3 network.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Thanks dweber.

Wow! That is really weird. I wonder if I might have to actually use Dish's Netflix for a certain length of time before the speed will show up? (I mostly use my Fire Stick or Roku for Netflix viewing). As I said, I got the same result both before and after the firmware update.
I wouldn't think so because I never use the Hopper for Netflix

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts