Netflix in talks with Disney for possible M&A deal.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Disney and Netflix have been in talks since Friday on a possible Disney buyout. The purchase price could be as high as $50B or about half of Disney's cash position, most of it tied up in US Treasury Notes.

Netflix shares jumped about 4% today on the news. Apple has also been a long time rumored buyer.

Disney has also been rumored to be interested in buying Twitter but cooled off when Twitter jumped with several interested parties.

Well I bought Netflix when it hit 81 a couple months ago and I've been selling it off at these prices and taking my money off the table.

The other rumored bidder is Apple but I'm not hearing much lately on that.

From an investor angle, I agree, neither of these companies is good for the subscriber but both are good for the buying company.

Amazon streaming media is really giving Netflix a run for the money so the timing for them to sell may be right.

Disney makes sense because of their current relationship with Netflix (several TV shows from the Marvel universe) and newer release Disney movies, like Zootopia, already available for streaming. I don't mind the buyout if (a big if) Netflix original programing budgets aren't slashed and quality doesn't suffer. The upshot could be even more access to the vast Disney-owned library of movies and TV shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)