Netflix Introduces New Plans and Price Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed to the DVD plan only, I don't watch anything online because there's nothing to watch online anyway. The online content for me sucks! They're actually doing me a favor for giving me the option to switch to a DVD plan only.

I can see how this sucks for people that watch online content though.

I got an email from Netflix today about the new plans. A $6 increase for these two services is too much for me.

Bye bye Netflix!

Adios Netflix. I like streaming to the Tivo/PS3, but they have so little new material and I have plenty to watch on the TV/Tivo. I'm not big into DVD delivery but my daughter users it 2-3 times per month.

I will gladly keep the streaming option...but "only" if their "entire" DVD library is available online.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

riffjim4069 said:
Adios Netflix. I like streaming to the Tivo/PS3, but they have so little new material and I have plenty to watch on the TV/Tivo. I'm not big into DVD delivery but my daughter users it 2-3 times per month.

I will gladly keep the streaming option...but "only" if their "entire" DVD library is available online.

Gotta love a 60% price hike to drive-away customers.

I use it alot, but they are going to make it harder to justify the price. I didnt see anything about an additional fee for blu-ray, but I assume that remains?

What a joke, so a 3 out at a time with streaming will now be another $3 more expensive. They really need to pull thier heads out of thier butts. Will be the second price increase this year...went up a $1 earlier...maybe they are trying to go broke so people will just rent from redbox? Which means driving to the store again.

You know it had to go up sometime just like everything else especially when a company becomes successful.

HIFI and I will probably cancel as well. We use both the streaming and the DVD's, but since we are getting Directv, I think we'll just drop Netflix.

Sounds like they are so successful and did not see enough churn from the last raise that they want to try it again to see what they can get away with. They can always drop the prices if they see that it is not working out for them or offer a "special deal" for those wanting to leave as a result getting some input from those that choose to drop the service.

I'll be canceling for sure. My 9.99 for streaming and 1 out at a time + BluRay will be $15.98 +2.00 BR add on !?? As someone already stated, streaming library sucks.
I watch maybe 5-6 movies a months. All new releases. Looks like it's back to Redbox for me.

Last edited:
We mainly use it for TV shows that we missed, very rarely use it for movies as we dont plan that far ahead on what we want to watch and it is easy to impulse watch a movie with Vudu.

IF all the shows were available for streaming we would stick with that only, but if we end up keeping netflix, we will keep both streaming and disc to keep the content that we watch. Like I mentioned before we use it alot, as far as tv watching goes anyway, but im not sure if i use it enough to justify a second price increase in less than a year.

hhhhmm. i emailed them last summer asking why they didnt have a dvd only plan
as someone who cannot stream due to lack of high speed internet availability paying for streaming was not something i wanted to do.

so blame me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)