Netflix is Raising Its Prices On HD-4K, Effective Now

I'm probably going to bow out after the grace period.

Too often when I fall back on Netflix because there isn't anything to watch elsewhere, there isn't anything on Netflix that tickles my fancy either. I should note that I have a pretty comprehensive DISH subscription.

Strange move, given Disney is pulling all their content from Netflix. Pay more for fewer choices.

Reactions: reddice
Netflix is also raising the price of HD by $1. It doesn't seem like a lot, but after a $2 increase last year, it's tougher to swallow. It's getting harder to justify keeping my sub active year-round whether I'm using it much or not. I actually have only watched one 8-episode TV show and one movie since the beginning of August.

Reactions: reddice and osu1991
If someone only uses Netflix + OTA, it’s still a really good deal. Nothing cheaper in the pay TV world, right?
If it wasn't for sports, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu would meet all my needs (I could get live news via various Roku apps). But alas, major sporting events are more often on cable networks these days than the OTA ones.

Strange move, given Disney is pulling all their content from Netflix. Pay more for fewer choices.

They ( Disney) are not pulling their films until 2019, the good news is they ( Netflix) extended the TV Series deal with Marvel when they added the Punisher series.

If it wasn't for sports, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu would meet all my needs (I could get live news via various Roku apps). But alas, major sporting events are more often on cable networks these days than the OTA ones.
Sling, DirecTV Now, Fubo, Vue, Hulu TV, YouTube TV - They are all options that are much cheaper than cable. I have Netflix, Amazon, CBS, Hulu and DTN and pay about $100 less a month than what I was paying for Dish.

Reactions: andy_horton
It's 2 bucks a month. I am not going to lose sleep over it.
As a percentage, it is a pretty big jump. Especially for a service that has seen its attractive movie titles decline noticeably. They've been dropping some of the third party TV series that I watched and these "seasons" with only 10 episodes are a joke.

I don't like the direction they're going to I'm going to show them in the only way they understand.

As a percentage, it is a pretty big jump. Especially for a service that has seen its attractive movie titles decline noticeably. They've been dropping some of the third party TV series that I watched and these "seasons" with only 10 episodes are a joke.

I don't like the direction they're going to I'm going to show them in the only way they understand.

It’ll take a lot more than one person canceling to make them “feel it,” unfortunately. We’ll soon see how many do it...

Sling, DirecTV Now, Fubo, Vue, Hulu TV, YouTube TV - They are all options that are much cheaper than cable.
Alas, by the time you assemble a reasonable library and figure in how much time and effort is required to watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it, the cost evens out long before the monthly fees gets close.

Alas, by the time you assemble a reasonable library and figure in how much time and effort is required to watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it, the cost evens out long before the monthly fees gets close.

As a PS Vue sub since June 2016, my time and effort has decreased in two ways compared to cable: 1) on demand content for a given show is much easier to find since I don't have to drill down through a totally separate area, which is designed to push PPV movies and events over past episodes of my favorite shows. 2) I don't have to change TV and audio inputs to move from my live TV service to Netflix and Amazon, both services I used the same way when I had cable--for newer movies and originals.

I can't think of a single thing I can't watch when I want watch it, especially since I have no limits on how much I can record, saving at least 60% over my last cable bill.YMMV

As a PS Vue sub since June 2016, my time and effort has decreased in two ways compared to cable: 1) on demand content for a given show is much easier to find since I don't have to drill down through a totally separate area, which is designed to push PPV movies and events over past episodes of my favorite shows. 2) I don't have to change TV and audio inputs to move from my live TV service to Netflix and Amazon, both services I used the same way when I had cable--for newer movies and originals.

I can't think of a single thing I can't watch when I want watch it, especially since I have no limits on how much I can record, saving at least 60% over my last cable bill.YMMV
I agree. While there is a small adjustment period when changing any service, I do not see how there is a big increase in time or effort in finding what you want to watch with these services.

In many cases it's faster than using traditional cable or sat.

Sling, DirecTV Now, Fubo, Vue, Hulu TV, YouTube TV - They are all options that are much cheaper than cable. I have Netflix, Amazon, CBS, Hulu and DTN and pay about $100 less a month than what I was paying for Dish.
Yeah, I even have their highest package with Cinemax for $5. It's cheaper than what Comcast offers here and has a few different channels Comcast doesn't carry or I'd have to get their sports pack to get, like the Big 10 Network, Fusion, Chiller and a few others. Not to mention I get all my locals except CBS and CW, and now even DTVN offers CW on demand and as for CBS, it's the strongest station with an indoor antenna. (Hobby of mine is antennas anyway so I actually get 2 markets. Antennas pointed towards Chattanooga TN and DTVN gives me Atlanta.) I'm saving quite a bit and even have unlimited data for a great price

As a percentage of the current cost yes. As a percentage of most people's total income, no, it is likely so small that it doesn't cause a ripple. The second percentage is what matters to the consumer. The first percentage is what matters to Netfilx.

As for content, I have found plenty to watch. If I get to the point where I don't have any content to watch, then it will not be worth it anymore, but it hasn't gotten to that point for me and $2 more is still worth it to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)