Netflix on H3 looks so much better...

Netflix's 1080p is coming in at 4000kbps and 5800kbps, depending on how good your HSI is. Their UHD is over 10,000kbps IIRC. The variable streaming has had great PQ for awhile and does a really good job. It's like Vudu too, watch HDX with a 10mbps HSI connection and it looks great. Dish and Directv can't compete with a 5800kbps 1080p tier from Netflix.

It's funny, sometimes the 720p Netflix (3000kbps) looks better than Dish...

I was noticing that myself tonight. The same show on Smithsonian on Dish looked much clearer when I watch it on the Smithsonian channel on Roku. My Internet speed is only 12 Mbps.

I've been having trouble with Netflix since the Hopper 3 installation, we get this error the majority of the time we try to watch something..."We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title." Anyone else have the same issue and was able to fix it? thanks

Dish HD is mini HD and is 1080x1440 while I believe netflix is a full 1080x1920 resolution? Not compresses as much since netflix is via internet, dish is via satellite?
I cannot speak for the H3, but I stopped watching netflix on the HWS due to it does not pass through 5.1 and the picture was a heck of a lot better via the direct feed into the TV.

I have noticed that Netflix looks better on my Hopper 3 than it did on my Hopper with Sling. I don't have a 4K TV or a super fast internet connection... yet the picture quality is noticeably better. Perhaps Netflix is using the h.265 capability of the Hopper 3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)