Dropping INSP?

Greg1982

Original poster
Mar 31, 2016
New York
Hi all,

I see people on Facebook saying there was an email that Dish is dropping INSP, but I didn't receive anything? What is going on here, I was under the impression INSP was free. I know it's not as big as other channels but it's one of my daughter's favorites, does anyone have any more info on this?

Maybe it was paying Dish to be on its programming and now they won't pay. Maybe they want Dish to pay them now. If it is the latter, maybe Dish, who knows how many subs watch what channels, doesn't see enough business to make it worthwhile.

I do like INSP for its Westerns like The Virginian and Big Valley, Daniel Boone and Bonanza. They give us Viceland and LOGO and take down INSP and H2? Give us a break.

Hi all,

I see people on Facebook saying there was an email that Dish is dropping INSP, but I didn't receive anything? What is going on here, I was under the impression INSP was free. I know it's not as big as other channels but it's one of my daughter's favorites, does anyone have any more info on this?
Just checked me e-mail and have one from insp that dish is removing the channel tonight at midnight.

what is dish doing besides removing channels? Still don't have NY sports channels, Discovery LIFE, Antenna TV, CMT MUSIC, CLOO or Sprout.

Dish doesn't even pay for INSP, it is a free channel for them. But Dish got greedy and is putting on a shopping channel in its place. I have never once bought anything from a Dish shopping channel , I don't want to encourage them.

INSP has some very decent TV series from the past, especially Westerns. They don't have a lot of swear words and liberal agenda, maybe that is the reason they removed it.

Reactions: lloyde6
Let Dish put some of their commercials on the INSP programming, like they do with a lot of other channels. That would more than pay for it.

You wonder if it is just a bargaining ploy or whether it is gone for good. The only show I watched was The Virginian, but others liked Daniel Boone, Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, Big Valley, etc.

I didn't particularly care when the dropped Ovation, it had really gone down in quality. But this is a free family friendly channel that they should keep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)