Dropping INSP?

does welcome pack get INSP?

very strange that INSP says its short term agreement and Dish says multi year

We are pleased to announce that DISH and INSP (Inspiration Network) have reached a multi-year agreement and your station has been restored.

Thanks for being a valued DISH customer.

i wish dish would add the hd feed for insp.there some great family programming would look great in hd.
here is their update on the channel talks
http://iwantmyinsp.com/

That's NOT their programming. Looks like YOUR guide isn't updated from the shopping channel. MY guide shows:

3:00 The Waltons
4:00 The Waltons
5:00 Little house on the prarie
6:00 Little house
7:00 The Waltons
8:00 Bonanza
9:00 JAG
10:00 Walker Texas Ranger
11:00 Walker Texas Ranger

So let's see:

The Waltons, never in HD
Little House, never in HD
Bonanza, never in HD
JAG, had HD
Walker, never in HD

So, is there really a need for an HD INSP? Hardly any provider out there has it in HD...

Reactions: Stormy_2021
So let's see:

The Waltons, never in HD
Little House, never in HD
Bonanza, never in HD
JAG, had HD
Walker, never in HD

So, is there really a need for an HD INSP? Hardly any provider out there has it in HD...
All recorded on film

All recorded on film
Yes, but all the film elements would have to be re-transferred to HD. BIG $$$. And they would mostly all still be in 4:3 since that is how they were framed.(for TV cutoff).

Here is the INSP programming for the rest of the day;

3 PM EST - The Waltons
4 PM EST - Best Reverse Mortgage!
5 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
6 PM EST - Life Insurance for Seniors
7 PM EST - My Hair is Falling Out
8 PM EST - Shark Vacuum - New and Improved!
9 PM EST - Fleetwood Mac, Boston, Journey
10 PM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
11 PM EST - Prostate Problems? Get Relief Fast!
12 AM EST - Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline
1 AM EST - Joey & Rory's Hymns
2 AM EST - How To Look Sexy At 50!

That is a weekday Prime Time listing. Somebody explain to me how losing an infomercial channel is a concern?

Thanks! Just set timers for the 11PM and 2AM shows...woo hoo!

Yes, but all the film elements would have to be re-transferred to HD. BIG $$$. And they would mostly all still be in 4:3 since that is how they were framed.(for TV cutoff).
Yeah, unless it is retransferred to a better resolution (think TCM), being in HD doesn't help.

We are pleased to announce that DISH and INSP (Inspiration Network) have reached a multi-year agreement and your station has been restored.

Thanks for being a valued DISH customer.

Where are you seeing this? This would be great news I was worried when the insp page said short-term

HD channels get more bandwidth. Even if they are showing SD video or film that was transferred to video it tends to look better when the channel is HD.

Reactions: Juan
HD channels get more bandwidth. Even if they are showing SD video or film that was transferred to video it tends to look better when the channel is HD.
Precisely. More HD channels means more compressed content. If a channel is only showing SD content, then there is no point in using up the bandwidth for an HD signal that would be better served for HD channels with actual HD content.

That is one way to look at it. The other is that SD looks terrible especiaily on large flat screens. Somehow DISH has to increase the bandwidth for them if they are going to offer them at all.

Dish doesn't even pay for INSP, it is a free channel for them. But Dish got greedy and is putting on a shopping channel in its place. I have never once bought anything from a Dish shopping channel , I don't want to encourage them.

INSP has some very decent TV series from the past, especially Westerns. They don't have a lot of swear words and liberal agenda, maybe that is the reason they removed it.
I agree with the need for more family oriented channels. There's not enough of that in today's society. That being said, even as myself being very conservative, I rather find INSP very boring. I do watch a lot of family oriented movies though, but I also watch some that wouldn't be deemed that way as well.

Reactions: bobvick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts