Dropping INSP?

That is one way to look at it. The other is that SD looks terrible especiaily on large flat screens. Somehow DISH has to increase the bandwidth for them if they are going to offer them at all.
SD will never look good on large flat screens, that's just the way it's been since flat panels came out. If the SD content was remastered to HD resolution, then sure, transmit it via an HD signal, otherwise, save the bandwidth for true HD content.

SD will never look good on large flat screens, that's just the way it's been since flat panels came out. If the SD content was remastered to HD resolution, then sure, transmit it via an HD signal, otherwise, save the bandwidth for true HD content.
they just remastered the original ghost busters (1 and 2) to 4k..can't wait to see that.. probably too clear and see all the phony props

I agree with the need for more family oriented channels. There's not enough of that in today's society.
Oh... one of those, 'back in the day' claims. Back when there were hundreds of family oriented channels in the 70s.
That being said, even as myself being very conservative, I rather find INSP very boring.
Yup, they want family oriented programming, but find INSP and NPR boring and like Family Guy and 24.

As a kid of the 70s, I enjoyed shows like Little House, Brady Bunch, but found the Waltons extremely boring and mind-numbing.