Dropping INSP?

I didn't even know what was on this channel. Didn't it used to be just an all-religious channel like EWTN?

Dish doesn't even pay for INSP, it is a free channel for them. But Dish got greedy and is putting on a shopping channel in its place. I have never once bought anything from a Dish shopping channel , I don't want to encourage them.

INSP has some very decent TV series from the past, especially Westerns. They don't have a lot of swear words and liberal agenda, maybe that is the reason they removed it.
Imagine the ****storm if I had been the one to say this...

Might be no outrage because a lot of it is already on ignore, if you are referring to who I think you are.

Reactions: osu1991
Was Dish's reason why they dropped the channel the old "low viewership" excuse they used for dropping Cloo a few years ago.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

Dish was being paid to carry INSP and apparently INSP said that they wanted to be carried without having to pay so much for carriage.

Dish pays up the ying yang for broadcast channels and cheesy channels like MTV, VH1, Centric, Spike, Vice, Esquire, yet they won't carry a family oriented channel which isnt asking for a nickel. Hopefully INSP will be back soon when they can hammer out a deal.

Was Dish's reason why they dropped the channel the old "low viewership" excuse they used for dropping Cloo a few years ago.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk
Nobody knows. And I mean nobody here.

Last edited:
The begining of their stop DISH page does make you wonder why DISH isn't carrying it. If it is true it gets viewership higher than channels it pays for I can only come up with there is something in their content DISH doesn't like. But their page comes off the rails for me starting with their claim DISH has been taking off popular programming that viewers want. From there on it's a rant. If that was their tone with DISH I can imagine DISH just said we are done. While not exactly the same, DISH has championed channels like BHTV, and RFD and Rural while Directv, Comcast and Att have wanted to drop RFD and some don't carry Rural.

Viacom and Comcast are huge corporations that control many, many cable channels. They require Dish to carry the turkeys or else they won't get the one or two channels that are popular. INSP is an independent channel without as much clout.

I am so glad we have another Infomercial channel, aren't you?

Reactions: pattykay
I am just so glad that a handful of people can decide what we can and can't watch on cable and satellite..especially that consumers who pay for the channels..get zero input into the process

Reactions: Jim S.
I dropped DISH and went OTA because of the lack of programming on DISH. INSP was one of the channels I watched on DISH so I guess what I like is just not profitable for DISH.

I dropped DISH and went OTA because of the lack of programming on DISH. INSP was one of the channels I watched on DISH so I guess what I like is just not profitable for DISH.

Good for you.

Reactions: KAB
I did watch this network from time to time. I love The Wlayons and Hallmark Channel isn't showing it right now. And if I couldn't sleep I would turn on JAG. I may be wrong, but I don't think they'll add it back. Already have a new channel and not the typical message when a channel is dropped and it was also taken off if their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)