Netflix Plans to Raise Prices for New Members

What we need more than anything is ala carte services,period.just pay for what you want to watch,no phoney packages full of a bunch of crap you never watch.one or two dollars of increase per month adds up to a lot of money.i'm sick of it,how bout you?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What we need more than anything is ala carte services,period.just pay for what you want to watch,no phoney packages full of a bunch of crap you never watch.one or two dollars of increase per month adds up to a lot of money.i'm sick of it,how bout you?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

That already exists. Just check out iTunes or Amazon Instant depending on which device you have. Outside of HBO almost everything is available a la carte through those services.

Or vudu. You are right, except on one other thing. Live sports. Some can be watched ota, but there is the big glaring hole that is ESPN.

Sent from my Lumia Icon via Tapatalk

Or vudu. You are right, except on one other thing. Live sports. Some can be watched ota, but there is the big glaring hole that is ESPN.

True. I should have said outside of HBO most series are available a la carte. Besides what you can get OTA live sports and cable news are the tricky things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That already exists. Just check out iTunes or Amazon Instant depending on which device you have. Outside of HBO almost everything is available a la carte through those services.

Not for those of us who don't like sports. There are more of us than you think.

I did not mean to imply that there were not. I was simply pointing out that there are gaping holes in the current model that keep a ton of people, from utilizing what is currently available as a pay by viewing only service. Of course one can always get a friend or neighbors credentials and bypass the having to be a sub barrier, but most wont.

I don't mind, we watch Netflix way more than tv. Besides, current customers won't see the increase for like 2 yrs.

Yup. If I could get live sports that I want some other way, we'd drastically our Dish package and just do that. I really wish there was like a $20-25 package of just all the ESPNs, Fox Sports, CBSSN, NBCSN, and NFL/NHL/MLB networks. That, plus Netflix, Prime and w/e shows we wanted a la carte from Amazon would take care of our viewing needs.

I don't mind, we watch Netflix way more than tv. Besides, current customers won't see the increase for like 2 yrs.

Yup. If I could get live sports that I want some other way, we'd drastically our Dish package and just do that. I really wish there was like a $20-25 package of just all the ESPNs, Fox Sports, CBSSN, NBCSN, and NFL/NHL/MLB networks. That, plus Netflix, Prime and w/e shows we wanted a la carte from Amazon would take care of our viewing needs.
I'd imagine that a sports only package would be $40 to $50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts