Netflix Prices Increase

Wish I had seen the discounted CBS AA ...

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime for the year ...
I don't always use either for shows, but when I want to pull something up to watch, its there and I don't have to go thru the process of signing up for each everytime I want to see what might be on.

I'll turn on Hulu for the Orville when it comes on ... oh wait, I have Hulu on already with my Verizon plan along with Disney+ (which I haven't watched and probably won't).

I may in a few weeks turn on HBO Max to finish watching Flight Attendant ... I've seen the first episode, it was Ok, not great, but not bad and I wanted to see Kaley.
Did you see all of Kaley if you know what I mean?;)

I'm keeping my Netflix sub. There is one thing I wish they would address though. I cant tell you how many times I'll be watching a series and Netflix will yank it without notice before I'm finished. Prime video does the same thing and it really ticks me off.
It's a hassle, but I try to make a habit of Googling "Leaving [service name] in [month/year]" for all the services I subscribe to at the beginning of each month. Prime unfortunately doesn't publish what's leaving like most other services do, so someone has taken it upon themselves to manually track and post upcoming departures (and renewals).

I've become very gun shy about starting a series on a streaming service that has more than three seasons (especially a 20+ episode per season show) in the can. I got burned when a bunch of FX content (Justified!) was pulled from Prime and made exclusive to Hulu.

I've only seen 1 Episode, not 1 Season !

I'm just waiting till I have time (not working) to sub HBOMAX for a month and watch it.

Due to the Buckeyes winning last night, I have at least 3 more weeks to work.
I am glad that Kaley is showing range in this show. She is far from Penney.

• Love
Reactions: Foxbat and Jimbo
I got Mrs. Foxbat caught up in “The Flight Attendant” and at one point we were like “where is this going next?” as plot complications kept popping up. I had to skip the opening credits, though, because the rabbits were too much and there’s never a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch around when you need it. ;)

Back on topic, we visited my in-laws who had Netflix when it was still DVDs via the Mail. My Mother-in-Law was reviewing all their monthly services and couldn’t remember the last time they had watched a movie. Logging into their account showed it was mid 2018. So at her request, I helped her cancel their Netflix account. I guess they have until the 28th to watch “Queens Gambit”, or “The Crown”.

• Haha
Reactions: ncted
I read where Netflix has 93 million subscribers world wide. At $2 price increase per sub, that is a lot of money going into some ones pocket. That is 186 million dollars per month or 2 billion 232 million dollars per year. How can they justify that?

I read where Netflix has 93 million subscribers world wide. At $2 price increase per sub, that is a lot of money going into some ones pocket. That is 186 million dollars per month or 2 billion 232 million dollars per year. How can they justify that?

They say it's the cost of acquiring and producing content

Netflix has 203 million subscribers worldwide, Disney+ is closer to that 93 million (94 million)

• Wow
Reactions: TheKrell
I am not a finance expert, but Netflix was profitable in 2020, but has billions in debt. It looks like they are on the verge of being reliably profitable year after year, so they can begin to pay down their debt or do stock buy-backs. A regular price increase seems like it will be a thing with Netflix for some time to come. We watch it enough that it isn't currently a big deal. We'd be more likely to cut other platforms first if we wanted to save money, like CBS AA, Hulu, or Disney+.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Streaming has gotten where it is not much cheaper than cable or Sat!

Depends on how you do it. Even with all the streaming services I have, I am still paying less than when I had a full Dish setup with the AT250 -- not much less, but less. The big difference is I have way more to watch that I actually want to watch, and most of the content we watch is not on cable/satellite anyway. If most of what you want to watch is on cable/satellite, then I'd just stick with those for now.

Streaming has gotten where it is not much cheaper than cable or Sat!
If you compare Apples to Apples, say Dish to You Tube TV, it is still cheaper, if you want Netflix or Disney+, it adds to the bill no matter if you have a Traditional Service or a Live TV service, the plus is if I add those services to YTTV, my monthly bill is still cheaper then Dish alone with DVR fee, extra box fees, etc.

If you compare Apples to Apples, say Dish to You Tube TV, it is still cheaper, if you want Netflix or Disney+, it adds to the bill no matter if you have a Traditional Service or a Live TV service, the plus is if I add those services to YTTV, my monthly bill is still cheaper then Dish alone with DVR fee, extra box fees, etc.
Are you adding in the cost of the internet or just the cost of the streaming apps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)