Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Neither (dropping all)

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I am not a Netflix sub

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do both. I became disabled a little over a year ago and I stream a ton of stuff from Netflix. I can turn a movie around and put it back in the mail the same day, so I usually receive 3 DVD's per week. I consider that a great deal for $8/month. I also use Redbox on my "dry" days and a freebie from BBExpress when available.

I've dumped the Blu-Ray option because I am sick of the load times and lack of functionality over DVD. My player/TV do a great job of up-converting, so the extra resolution doesn't matter that much to me for the playing inconvenience. Also, the sound is of no consideration due to my hearing. I've actually had to add a sound compressing device to my amp so I don't have the extreme dynamic range anymore as it hurts my ears. I need a steady dialogue level to understand movies.

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD65 player and besides the slow loads, it will not frame forward more than 4 frames after pausing and it will not reverse frame or reverse slow motion from pause. It also does not remember where I left off in a movie most of the time. This is very frustrating; I can turn off a DVD and it will start right back where I left off.

Now, if anyone made it this far, do you know if/when Panasonic will ever add closed captioning to this machine for Netflix? I need this badly, but I'll probably pickup a Roku to fill this gap instead of waiting for Panasonic.

Thanks.

You might want to wait on the Roku as the availability of sub titles from Netflix using Roku is problematic. Lots of finger pointing between them so it is hard to know whose problem it is and how soon it will be fixed with a software upgrade or Netflix recoding lots of their library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts