Netflix's Altered Carbon

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was told to read the novel first, but I'll probably watch instead. Now I'm sad I don't have a 4K HDR OLED set to watch it on...

I'm 4 in and enjoying more that I thought I would. Strip away all the Blade Runner-ish special fx and you have a great murder mystery.

Just watched this in preparation for Season 2 coming out later this month. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Didn't hurt any there were a couple seriously attractive women without much clothing part of the time. :D

It appears mostly different cast for Season 2, which I guess they can get away with due to the Sleeves.

Just watched this in preparation for Season 2 coming out later this month. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Didn't hurt any there were a couple seriously attractive women without much clothing part of the time. :D

It appears mostly different cast for Season 2, which I guess they can get away with due to the Sleeves.

It's based on the books. So yes, a different sleeve for Kovacs, but completely different setting (world) for the second season (based on book 2). Just characters shown in flashback would be the same.

It's based on the books. So yes, a different sleeve for Kovacs, but completely different setting (world) for the second season (based on book 2). Just characters shown in flashback would be the same.

Thanks. Didn't know it was based on a book series. I won't have time to read short term, perhaps someday.

We watched it about 2 weeks ago, wife loved it and she hates the SciFi stuff.

Day 1 watch for us when Season 2 starts up in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Hate to admit I watched the whole thing starting early AM. 8 episodes instead of 10. I enjoyed this one much better that the first (and I enjoyed it a lot). More focused story line, lots of back reveal, Simone Missik, and a surprise character. Poe plays an even larger role here. I could not not get rid of the big smile on face at the end..."Better get out the good whiskey!"

Started season 2 last night. Although I was expecting it, it is still a little jarring with so far only two cast members carrying over from season 1.

I didn't care how they skipped over book 2, but AC was definitely a reason I would sign up for Netflix. I used to need Netflix for 6-8 months out of the year to catch up on the shows I liked and to fill in gaps between other services I alternated among. Now it's getting closer to 2-3 months. I cancelled in early April and not much has yet been added that I feel I missed or need to catch up on.

Having them not picking up a 3rd season, is the second season gonna end with you wanting more, knowing nothing is coming ?
No, not really, because Mackie was never going to come back and the story line was tied up.

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)