Netgear XAVB1004-100NAS Home Theater Internet Connection Kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I recently got this from Amazon, and like it so far. Since moving around a lot, Ive just kept Netgear XE-104 powerline adapters going, but to be honest they are ugly. Square box in outlet with 4 Ethernet cables coming out in a living room is not the best. I decided to take a look at what was out there on Amazon, and noticed this setup. The black box looks a LOT better sitting on my stand, and the activity lights are very dim and wont be annoying, unlike the other powerline adapters I have that require Lightdims.

Back offers plugs 1 thru 4, and you can see they are color coded for priority. If you have more than one device hogging bandwidth, it'll spread out out with #1 getting the most and #4 getting the least. The other part that's nice is this does not have to be plugged into the wall itself, it has a normal 6ft power cord and can be placed with options. The direct plug in units can be problematic, especially if you are using surge protection with fat plugs.

71KMENksnRL._SL1500_.jpg

Front
IMG_2561_zpsc550a458.jpg

IMG_2563_zpsdfdf7692.jpg

Bedroom unit at DSL Modem
IMG_2566_zps7b1b6357.jpg

Roku 3 speed results (got the same with the Vudu app on my Blu-ray player)
IMG_2567_zps44c11988.jpg

For the current Amazon price, I feel it was a good deal and looks a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts