network channels on Galaxy 16

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cpenni

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
north carolina
i'm tring to get the network channels on galaxy 16. on Freq 3845 i have no qualty but 83% signal. on 3915 i have RFD TV with good signal and qualty all together i have 22 channels. i have a viewsat pvr 7000 DMX741 LNBF and a unimesh 10' dish. is this just a fine tunning issuse?????? Thanks :confused:

i'm tring to get the network channels on galaxy 16. on Freq 3845 i have no qualty but 83% signal. on 3915 i have RFD TV with good signal and qualty all together i have 22 channels. i have a viewsat pvr 7000 DMX741 LNBF and a unimesh 10' dish. is this just a fine tunning issuse?????? Thanks :confused:

RFD TV is on 103 so you are off by 4 degrees

Networks are on 99W
SatelliteGuys.US - 99.0°W Galaxy 16 C

Thanks guys i got the locals. does it swap between H and V by its self i see the 22Khz under the LMB menu its set to off.

yes it will switch between H & V via the receiver. The 22k is only for KU

to verify if you have signal on V polarity try this transponder
V

Unless you have a 4:2:2 capable receiver you'll only get sound -- so you're fine on that -- just make sure the quality of the signal is good.

shouldn't i get a couple of V channels that i could check to make sure everything is working? my goal is to add a actuator an get Ku also. Thanks

to verify if you have signal on V polarity try this transponder
V

no i can't get those well no picture just sound.

Unless you have a 4:2:2 capable receiver you'll only get sound -- so you're fine on that -- just make sure the quality of the signal is good.
What matters is that you are able to Lock Horizontal and Vertical Transponders, viewing in not required.

correct. If you get good signal quality on the Vertical channels then its switching.

If you can see any picture depends on equipment (HD or 4:2:2 capable)

i have a digisat meter and installed it in line and watched the voltage i see how it works now. from reading the forums i figured out to set Ku signal i turn the LNB or move it closer or further away. is this correct? i have learned a lot in the last week thanks for all the replys:).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)