Networking H21 and HR21

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jrbrannan

Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
I am considering upgrading my cable to DTV, but I have had a system hooked up that has spoiled me. I have all my TV's networked together so that I can watch any recorded programs from one TV to another, does the new HR21 and H21 network together so that the h21 can watch programs recorded on the hr21? Any rumors that this will be added? Will HR21 or h21 be able to stream divx files?
My other concern is that the majority of my recording is done with my local channels, and dtv does not offer local HDTV just standard def, and ideas?
Thanks a ton.
Joe

The H20 does not have any networking capability (whether this may be added later via USB is unknown). The HR20 and HR21 have ethernet networking enabled. The HR20 has limited video streaming under test (see the CE forum) but this seems to be limited to mpeg2 files so far (Directv hasn't yet announced which other formats will be supported). Video support for the HR21 will come eventually. If you can find a HR20 (there are currently scarce), they will record OTA digital stations. Directv is starting to add HD in additional markets and this will continue through next year.

I have an HR20-700 and my locals are high def. You could contact Directv to see if your area has them.

DTV does not offer HD locals in my area, and I put a large attena on the roof and was disappointed with the outcome. Also the h21 (new one) has ethernet, does that mean you will be able to stream from the hr21?
Thanks,
Joe

I can not get local HDTV with an antenna, and they do not offer them through DTV, also the H21 has a network port so does that mean that it will give the ablilty to watch shows that are recorded on the HR21 soon?
Thanks
Joe

I can not get local HDTV with an antenna, and they do not offer them through DTV, also the H21 has a network port so does that mean that it will give the ablilty to watch shows that are recorded on the HR21 soon?
Thanks
Joe
It's rumored that what you're looking for, MultiRoomViewing (MVR) will be coming at some future date. What is not sure is what receivers will be able to use this feature.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)