Networking problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrmy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Iowa
First problem with my new 922 :eek:

For the third time now, the box has lost its ability to connect to my network. All other devices on the network are fine, and the router has plenty of DHCP addresses to spare.

Each time, clicking "reset connection" resulted in 3 red boxes (I tried several times), even a red button reset, and still no network connection.

What worked each time was to pull the power cord and plug it back in.

Anyone else have this happening? Is there any way to assign a static IP in the 922? Maybe that would help.

As an update, I've figured out that my receiver loses network connectivity either after the daily update, or after a red button reset. After either, the "Reset connection" button does not work.

The only way to get connectivity back is to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. After that, all three boxes are green, and the "Reset connection" works fine (although it is not needed). If I do a red button reset at this point, connectivity is lost until I pull the plug again.

Do I have a defective box? This is quite strange.

As an update, I've figured out that my receiver loses network connectivity either after the daily update, or after a red button reset. After either, the "Reset connection" button does not work.

The only way to get connectivity back is to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. ...

I'd say yes. Get it replaced.

How are you feeding your broadband connection to the receiver (ethernet or wireless)? If you are having a problem with the connection, replacing the receiver is not going the resolve the issue. Please let me know how the broadband is connected to the receiver. Thanks.

The only way to get connectivity back is to unplug the receiver and plug it back in. After that, all three boxes are green, and the "Reset connection" works fine (although it is not needed). If I do a red button reset at this point, connectivity is lost until I pull the plug again.

How are you feeding your broadband connection to the receiver (ethernet or wireless)? If you are having a problem with the connection, replacing the receiver is not going the resolve the issue. Please let me know how the broadband is connected to the receiver. Thanks.

Ethernet, and it's plugged directly into the router. My connection is fine, every other device on my network can grab an IP without issue.

First problem with my new 922 :eek: For the third time now, the box has lost its ability to connect to my network. All other devices on the network are fine, and the router has plenty of DHCP addresses to spare. Each time, clicking "reset connection" resulted in 3 red boxes (I tried several times), even a red button reset, and still no network connection. What worked each time was to pull the power cord and plug it back in. Anyone else have this happening? Is there any way to assign a static IP in the 922? Maybe that would help.
Exact same thing happens to me regularly. Connected directly to 100Mb switch port via CAT5e cable. All other devices on same network have no problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)