Networking Receiver issue

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mark0525

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Ohio
I've had all my receivers networked through Cat 5 (I think) and everything worked fine from day one when we could network them and then a couple months ago I had to have a new cable modem installed and now none of my receivers show up as networked. Any ideas what I can do. It's not the cable companys problem and I can't call direct because they don't support that type of networking.

I have 7 total. Most are regular 22 receivers and I have 2 HR23's. Yes I have the SWM setup

Do you have the "unsupported" MRV(multi-room viewing)? I ask only because you mentioned none of your receivers were showing up as networked. First,go to info & test & run the system test to see where you stand,or go to network set-up & run that test. What is most likely wrong is that you have the old IP Address from the old modem still on your receivers. You need to do a reboot(that helped me) to get a new IP Address from your new receiver. I'll give you an example,I have a Netgear Router with an address of 192.168.0.1 for AT&T DSL. the first 7 numbers(192.168.0) of your IP Address have to correspond with your router. Basically,just reboot your receivers(all of them) & then check again for network connection.
Never mind about the multiroom viewing question,just try everything I said after that question.

Thanks, I tried that with my 2 HR receivers and it didn't help. Should I shut everything down, router, modem, and receivers and then reboot? It has to be something with the new modem like you said. Do I manually have to put in the routers or modems IP address?

Try a hard reboot(push the red button) on your receiver. Then go to Network Setup & run "repeat Network Setup." You shouldn't have to do anything with your modem or router since they both seem to be running well enough for you to get on the internet.

Also,your IP address should correspond with your router,that's what should be assigning IP addresses. If you have a laptop,you could disconnect the ethernet cord from each receiver & plug into your laptop to see if you have internet connection(or just plug into whatever switch/hub your receivers are plugged into). Do this if rebooting & running "repeat network setup" doesn't work.

Regardless of the type of dish/receiver setup; YES, you WILL have to work with your router/network setup and each device for the BEST results. Basically you should be manually assigning static IPs in your home network. Search the site for the how to from JerseyMatt; the Q&A has been discussed in detail and should fix you up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)