Networks score early win as judge orders shutdown of streaming TV service FilmOn X

BarryDriller, Aereokiller, FilmOn X... One of the commenters on the verge site mentions putting on their tinfoil hat. In the same spirt: The name of the company makes me wonder if the networks would create a company similiar to Aereo and Filmon which acted in a similar but slightly less legal fashion solely so that they could take that company to court, win, and cause legal precedent only to later make it easier to fight and win against Aereo. The name of the company wasn't Almost Aereo after all, it was Aereokiller. ...Now, where'd I put my roll of tinfoil?

If it's the same FilmOn I remember wasn't it broadcasting all kinds of different stuff..kinda like a Justin Tv sort of....I didn't think the FilmOn I remember was rebroadcasting local Tv...Unless they changed programming type when the name changed...guess I fell asleep along the way...yawn

Aereokiller was sued over the name by Aereo and lost, so they put it under their FilmOn brand that they already had.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)