Never ending idiocracy at Dish

ColdOnes

Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
Tampa, FL
First off, they need to eliminate this India calling center. Those people are absolutely clueless. I called to make some changes to my account and also get set up on the Dish Advantage package. I could barely understand the person they transferred me to. That person was also clueless on what I was talking about. It's so inpersonable that you wonder whats happening to American values. I hung up mid conversation with the dot and decided to email the ceo@echostar thing that I always read about on here.

A guy named Mark from the executive resolution team calls me a day later and we arrange everything that needs to be handled on my account. We even agree to add an additional 622 on my account for $149 with a $50 rebate. This will replace a 211 and a 301. He told me they would also send boxes to send my receivers back. He sounds like a sharp guy, and I end the call feeling warm and fuzzy about the whole deal.

A few days go by, and there's no changes to my programming. I call this guy Mark back at his direct extension and he said forgot to do that. A few minutes go by, and bam my programming is fixed.

Next up, I receive my 622 about a week later via UPS. I open the box and find there's no remotes, cables, UHF antenna - nothing but a stinking 622 receiver. Idiot's forgot to put that stuff in the box. Also no boxes were sent to return the 211 and 301.

To get this resolved on a Saturday, since the executive team works 8-5 M-F, requires being shuffled around between the Indian call center, to America, back to India and FINALLY a knowledgeable technical representative who speaks English picks up the phone in Pennsylvania and says he'll square me away.

Sorry for the rant ! Just thought I'd share the fun I'm having with the group....

Welcome to DISH Network! :) Their India call center picks up the slack when the ones in the US are slammed, and also after hours. Remember, when it's midnight here, it's 10Am or something over there. Sucks for us customers, good for their bottom line - cheap labor, 24 hour call center capability. Consider too that a call center environment has one of the highest employee turn-over rates in the workforce. So it's hard to find someone who knows what the hell they're talking about even here in the states.

A lot of them are collage kids too, who have never(like the indians) never had their hands on a dish.

Say.. how do they troubleshoot if they don't have hands-on experience with dish?
Read from script only?

Yep. You tell them the problem you're having, then they scroll down thru a list on the computer and find the problem you're having, or somthing close to it, and then go thru step by step, the troubleshooting steps outlined in the "manual". When all of that is exhausted, they send a tech. But usually not even then. Before they send a tech they want to ship you a receiver, which 90% of the time is never the right fix. Your odds of getting a tech on the other end of the line with field experience have got be close to 1 in a million.

Today I called to have a 622 That I bought from Dishdepot.com, added to my 2nd account for my parents. I had holy hell trying to get someone to turn the hd portion of the receiver on without subbing to the hd pack for $20.00.

I only wanted the ota stations with the hd locals from Houston and no hd pack. The first tech named Elizabeth was rude and snotty. I told her yes, if I had leased the receiver she would be right - I would have to sub to an hd pack. This is not the case I bought the 622 and already had Houston locals with top 250 and I only needed her to enable the hd portion for ota stations and my Houston locals. SHe was rude & argumentative and I finally asked for a supervisor. She said "sure!" and left me on the line waiting for 5 minutes and checked back and said "I 'm still waiting for a supervisor". I asked where is he the next state? I finally hung up on her and tried back to a regular csr.

The man was named Adam I think. He spouted the same thing about the hd pack and I finally got him to ask his supervisor after telling him about these web boards that I had seen the rules about the hd enabeling fee. He came back and said sure I can get the hd part turned on for you. Another 5 minutes and I was in business with my hd locals and ota stations as well. It only took about an hour of my time total to get a 622 turned on with hd enabeling fee for 6.00 .

You would think that Dish would get the rules straight for their csrs and techs. Usually the tech department is the first one I turn to and get great results , but today the csr saved the day. Funny . I am glad I knew the rules and the message boards well enough to get the csr to check it out for himself, so I could get my 622 to work. If I had been a newbie trying to get some help I would of cancelled today. But I have been with them for over 10 years and have three accounts and I have gained most of my knowledge of procedures from this and other web boards I frequent. That is the only reason why I didn't just say screw it and cancel .

To get this resolved on a Saturday, since the executive team works 8-5 M-F...
"Mark" might work M-F, 8-5, but they all don't. I've dealt with (2) that work Thursday thru Monday, 12-8. They might not work the overnight shift, but they're there 7 days a week. What I think happens is once one of them is working with you, the others don't "take over". You'll have to wait for him to return.

Just hang up and call again in a couple of hours. The best thing to do is call in the AM, during Monday thru Friday, if you are living in the U.S.

Nothing wrong with the "Indian" people, they have protocol, usually good diction, but are just reading CRT prompts and following scripts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts