Never received prepaid envelope to return access cards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rockstead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Earth
I replaced my own receivers (after 5 years of use) a few months ago, and Directv said they would need my old access cards back ( never ordered PPV before).

I asked then to make sure to send them to my billing address (moved), but it seems they never made it there and I've heard from other users that they have experienced the same issue.

They never emailed me about it and there has not been a charge to my account, impossible for me to know what's been mailed to at my service address.

Do I just leave it alone? I was thinking the best course of action would be to just nail them out directly back without waiting for a prepaid envelope. Does anyone know what the exact procedures are to do so?

Thanks

I had the same thing happen, got a robo call the other day from DIRECTV saying they would be sending some for my old receivers (H20's)...

Strange because my receivers were newer, hr23 and they said to dispose of them, I have email from csr.

So I just need an address to send these access cards back.

I wouldn't worry about it. To my knowledge DirecTV does not charge for unreturned access cards, in fact I've never even heard of them following up on the request other than possibly sending an envelope.

I wouldn't worry about it. To my knowledge DirecTV does not charge for unreturned access cards, in fact I've never even heard of them following up on the request other than possibly sending an envelope.

I thought access cards could have outstanding PPV charges on them and that is why they would pursue the cards, I mean mine don't but none the less the whole thing worried me.

To my knowledge DirecTV does not charge for unreturned access cards.
I don't know how often they would pursue it either but in the Customer Agreement it does state:

(2) Up to $300 Access Card Replacement Fee, if you lose or fail to return your Access Card (a partial credit may be posted to your account if the Access Card is later returned). If you request overnight delivery of a replacement Access Card, a shipping and handling fee of up to $16.50 applies.

I had two receiver returns in the last few months. On the first (an HR21) they said they'd send a recovery kit but all I got was an envelope asking for the access cards. When I called, they said to toss the 21 and send back the cards.

On the second return (HR24 being replaced by genie) they said put the HR24 and cards in the genie box and return it with the label they'd put inside. Box was too small and no labels. I called and they said to toss it. Never mentioned the cards. Two months and nothing has shown up on my bill about the receivers or cards.

But it was nice to have a throwaway HR24 since I've never opened one up. Turned out to be very easy to push all six tabs on the bottom to release the lid. Easy to replace the hard drive and fan, fan just pops out and 4 screws pulls the drive. Looked inside the other 24 as well. Seagate pipeline drive in one and WD green drive in the other. The seagate was a refurbed HR24 that I got more recently, the WD was in a new HR24. I'd noticed the one with the WD drive in it was a little faster to respond to the UI, so this helped make sense of that. I'd bought a 1tb pipeline drive a few years ago to use in an htpc and the drive was terribly, terribly slow while the green WD drives were a good bit faster in seeks and transfer rates.

Reactions: texasfb
depends on your HD or SD situation! SD outdated no go anymore, recycle recycle! HD can turn back inventory.

I would call back one more time and if they Do want the cards back, stress the correct address to be sent to, wait a week to 10 days, if nothing shows up, set them aside and don't worry about them.

Took almost three weeks that at first glance looked like one of their promo, but when I open it, I saw it was their return envelope for the access card.

I canceled a R15 2 years ago & 2 D12s this past January and they did not want any back and never mentioned the access cards at all. Everything rolling along just fine, never was billed or contacted about them again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)