NeverWet product to prevent rain fade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The rain on the dish doesn't contribute much to the rain fade syndrome. Heavy cloud cover or pouring rain to south is what does it.....

the hose test tells otherwise yes the term rainfade is about the rain between the reflector and the satellite, but the rain on dish will interfer with signal some and want to see about maybe getting the a 20-30 range by preventing rain/ snow from sticking on reflector.... if reflector is wet it will make the signal not go in center of the feedhorn as if it was dry... i relize would probably be a minor difference just wondering how big of a difference

I believe this has been posted elsewhere here. Some guy did a bit on YouTube and it doesn't last much longer than it takes to make the video.

Rain fade happens before the rain even arrives around here, when the rain is in the distance and the sky is dark, so dark it blocks out any direct sunlight and the street lights come on, once the rain starts right overhead the signal is usually back on. This product won't do a thing but a bigger dish like a superdish would and virtually eliminates outage time.

Rain fade occurs because the freq of the Dish signal is about the same size as a rain drop. The heavier the rain, the more the signal is blocked. Light or dark has nothng to do with it. Itr can occur at any time of day. If you have a heavy rainstorm that is between your dish and the satellite it is amined at, you can get rain fade.

the hose test tells otherwise yes the term rainfade is about the rain between the reflector and the satellite, but the rain on dish will interfer with signal some and want to see about maybe getting the a 20-30 range by preventing rain/ snow from sticking on reflector.... if reflector is wet it will make the signal not go in center of the feedhorn as if it was dry... i relize would probably be a minor difference just wondering how big of a difference
I remember losing my signal once and went to see the dish. Snow was almost going from the LNB to the dish... it was completely covered and only then lost signal.

I've lost signal without a drop of rain over me, when a storm is passing south in the right spot. Nothing you can put on the Dish will improve that.

The product being sold to help with rain fade is a con. If rain on the dish is causing one to lose signal, they need a realignment.

Rain fade occurs because the freq of the Dish signal is about the same size as a rain drop. The heavier the rain, the more the signal is blocked. Light or dark has nothng to do with it. Itr can occur at any time of day. If you have a heavy rainstorm that is between your dish and the satellite it is amined at, you can get rain fade.

From my experience light or dark does have something to do, I am not talking about time of day as you assumed, I am talking with respect to the cloud type, the darker the cloud the more saturated with heavy rain it is. That is why I say a larger reflector can overcome this for longer and sometimes prevent the signal from dropping out at all during the entire transit of the cloud between the earth station and the satellite. If a cloud is blocking out the sun and turning on street lights in the daytime it must be described as dark.

ok im done with this post people are not understanding what im talking about and havent read the previous comments
It is you that is not understanding and not reading previous comments. You specifically said you wonder how a wet reflector would affect signal...multiple people have chimed in that it is negligible (ie. no product on the reflector will affect signal any significant amount.) Bottom line: save your money.

OK, I just did an experiment with my 3LNB EA pole mount dish. 61.5 sat, transponder 23. SS was 55-56 dry, dropped down to 53-54 when soaking dish with hose. The stream was directed over the LNB so the loss was probably maximized.
IMG_1519.JPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)