new 1.2 meter dish and 12 footer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got 4 relays in today from Digikey. They're smaller than I expected.

They don't give you much time to edit a previous post. Anyway, I just hooked up a relay to my Vbox with a standard reed sensor. I'll see how well it works over the next few days for a test before trying a hall sensor. Heh, I still haven't aligned the new dish but now I need to wait for warmer weather.

I put the 1.2 meter dish up on my 18 foot Rohn 25 at the 10 foot level after adding additional tower support. I broke the plastic LNBF mount in the process but I think I have another laying around somewhere. If I find it I might try mounting the LNBF tomorrow.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Heh, I got the 1.2 meter mounted to the Powermax SG9120 but when I went to attach the cable to the receiver port, the F connector fell out. It's repairable but I need a thin wall 7/16 nut driver to get it back into place. But it turns out that I need to remove the board inside of the motor because there's a nut on the inside that needs to be reattached. Looks like the only way to do that is to disconnect the LBNF F connector to remove the board. By the time I get this fixed it'll be dark and it'll be stormy and windy tomorrow. I sure do have a lot of bad luck. I still need to find the Ku LNBF holder that fits this antenna and LNBF. As far as the C band antenna, it needs additional fine tuning but I am getting decent performance from 87W to 127W. If I get time and I'm so motivated, I'll adjust feed, elevation, and declination today.

• Sad
Since I can't find the right tool locally or online to repair my SG9120, I'll have to buy a new HH motor for my 1.2 meter.

Make one,grind down an old 7/16 socket till it fits.
I have both a normal and deep well 7/16 socket but they need to be a thinner wall. I don't have a grinder so eiether way it'll cost some bucks for either a grinder or new motor. The motor might not be in stock though.

Do you have a file or sandpaper available? A grinder is just a high speed substitute for these. A dremel tool would work. Plenty of options to remove metal. Sliding the socket or nut driver on concrete would even work. I would chuck an extension and the socket onto my electric drill and get at it. Most of us can think outside the box here, but few of us know that we make our own boxes.
I have both a normal and deep well 7/16 socket but they need to be a thinner wall. I don't have a grinder so eiether way it'll cost some bucks for either a grinder or new motor. The motor might not be in stock though.

Sent from my Commodore P.E.T. using the SatelliteGuys app!

Got a Harbor Freight nearby,for 10 or 15 bucks you can get a 4 1/2 inch angle grinder.With all the fab work you've been doing lately,really handy to have around,and a lot cheaper than a new motor.

If there is enough space: Place a small slotted screwdriver on the hex side of the nut. Tap the screwdriver with a small hammer forcing the nut to turn counter clockwise. Once nut is loosened, you can probably finish removing the nut using only the screwdriver. A bit tedious, no doubt.

But be careful banging around so you don't break something.

I got a F connector removal tool today but it won't fit down inside of the well where the nut is recessed by 1/4 inch. There's probably a tool to get down in there but I'm going to try removing the nut the hard way.

Attachments

• DSCN1571.JPG
    DSCN1571.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 124
I succeeded once with one of those:
1609298042281.png

Did you try that too?
(I didn't read the whole thread back)

Re: your ancient quote from Madison: That is really of the old days.
The modern way of course is: Flood the zone with sh*t, and demonize the fact-checkers.

Greetz,
A33

I succeeded once with one of those:
View attachment 149555

Did you try that too?
(I didn't read the whole thread back)

Re: your ancient quote from Madison: That is really of the old days.
The modern way of course is: Flood the zone with sh*t, and demonize the fact-checkers.

Greetz,
A33
Not enough clearance for that either. I'm going to put my 90cm back up until I can get this fixed. Or I might wait for an Stab HH120 to become available again instead of trying to fix this thing. I don't know if the XCruiser XH240 H-H Motor at TEK2000 is a decent motor but the price isn't too bad.

I got a F connector removal tool today but it won't fit down inside of the well where the nut is recessed by 1/4 inch. There's probably a tool to get down in there but I'm going to try removing the nut the hard way.
Is it possible to desolder and get the board out of the way and try loosening it from the back?
Just throwing it out there as I have no idea what the other side looks like.

Is it possible to desolder and get the board out of the way and try loosening it from the back?
Just throwing it out there as I have no idea what the other side looks like.
I'll have to look closer to see if that can be done but upon a brief look it doesn't appear so. Too bad I don't have a maintenance manual that would give me instructions so that I don't mess it up.

I'm going to try removing the nut the hard way.
Actually, it is not nut from outside....it is all body of the connector should be unscrewed. So, as waylew has said, you better desolder the wire from inside and then unscrew whole connector. Put some WD40, that might help.
That how the connector look like , no nut there.

Attachments

• IMG_20201230_105714 (Large).jpg
    IMG_20201230_105714 (Large).jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Actually, it is not nut from outside....it is all body of the connector should be unscrewed. So, as waylew has said, you better desolder the wire from inside and then unscrew whole connector. Put some WD40, that might help.
I was thinking it might be one of those,but it doesn't look like there are any threads in the other hole with the missing connector.

There's a nut on both the inside and outside that holds a barrel F connector in place. I can see a nut on the inside. As for desoldering, there's nothing to desolder because the F connector is a barrel connector. See attached image of the F connector that fell out from the right side. Two of the attached images show the loose inside nut for the right connector. Near as I can tell, that board won't slide out until the outside nut on the left connector is removed.

Attachments

• nut2.JPG
    nut2.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 119
  • nut1.JPG
    nut1.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 101
  • barrel.JPG
    barrel.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 117
Not enough clearance for that either.

Well, I've got about 5 of those thin/small pliers, and just one of them was thin enough and could reach enough inside to dismantle the nut, in my case.

What might help, if you could reach the inside nut a bit to loosen that? It would make the outside nut more manoeuvrable, I guess.

Greetz,
A33