New 1000.2 install in place of dish 500 having issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fuzzbutt

Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
Michigan
Hello,

Lots of info here and I've learned a lot over the past years reading the posts. Today I've killed pretty much the entire day trying to get a VIP722 at my parents part-time vacation home to work with a 1000.2WA dish. I've tried every combination of settings from the install guide and even the dish 500 settings on the point dish utility. At one point I had 110 on 110, nothing on 119 and 119 on 129 but after trying to fix that all I have now is 110 on all 3.

I'm in 48653. Tried the 230, 28, 120 and 225, 31, 117 with many changes in between. Tried reboots too.

Previously there was a dish 500 on a 4' pole out at the street because of LOS issues. I put that back on and it sees 110 & 119 fine but we don't have the correct splitter for the dual tuner DVR here since there used to be an older single tuner legacy DVR here (don't remember the model).

Are there things I can try? I have 2 dish pointer apps for my iPhone. Neither have helped too much.

Currently the installation summary shows 110 on port 1 trans OK on a 1k.2 device. Ports 2 & 3. The switch is a DPP 1k.2 w/splitter.

I don't have a peaking device here. I'm open to ideas.

Thanks

(I'll ask about my odd 722 problem at my home later)

ok for that area I get the following
elevation 28 1/2
azimuth (where to aim) 231 on the compass
skew 120

I would clear the switch matrix completely. Do a check switch to clear it
Then bring up satellite 119 TP 19 or 21 then try and peak the dish

Great thanks for the quick responses. I'll try and figure out the 9 degrees east tomorrow. I was turning it easterly but might not have gone far enough. Hard to do when the phone's compass and my old boy scout compass both have interference readings within a few feet of the dish. How do you clear the switch? Unplug the cable and run a test? 

Great thanks for the quick responses. I'll try and figure out the 9 degrees east tomorrow. I was turning it easterly but might not have gone far enough. Hard to do when the phone's compass and my old boy scout compass both have interference readings within a few feet of the dish. How do you clear the switch? Unplug the cable and run a test?
west

Right west 9 degrees.

I tried that and moved the elevation to 28.5. Getting nothing at all. Maybe I'm going off of the wrong places or the bracket I have is no good. It isn't the same bracket that is on the directions I have but a simple design like the one in my 500. Maybe it needs to point lower and due to this there are trees in the way. I wish the pointer app would work with the phone flat on the dish. Just having 110 wasn't too bad but just 129 might be better if I had a choice. I don't think we have any other places with the correct LOS.

Guess that's what happens when you live among trees.

More tweaking I have 129 on port 1 with 20 strength on ts21. 119 on port 2 with 57 on ts19. This thing needs thumb screws to adjust things. Very sensitive.

Well after an hour or so of wiggling it I got 119 & 129 reasonable signal quality. 110 escaped me but we weren't too concerned for now. I'm back home 3 hours away so there isn't anything I can do from here now. I would like to thank the guys who responded. I think it helped. I wish Dish would update their software to put the 1k2 dish on the list it might make things easier. I think a degree wheel on my mast would have helped. It is plumb but it seemed like my elevation was off when I used the 28.5 setting. My parents might end up hiring a guy. Just hard to schedule anything when the place is occupied a weekend or 2 a month.