New 1000.4 Installation Q's

Just to follow up I installed this yesterday and it seems fine. The numbers are kind of low but it might be obstruction based or that it requires more care than i wanted to give in 5 degree weather last night.

It does pay to tin foil the 72/77 head just to make sure you have 61.5 in the correct LNB. I had 61.5 on the 77 LNB at first.

The 1K4 is a power hog and wouldn't detect properly with my Sat finder attached so I had to keep going back and forth between the satfinder and a coax joiner.

I'm getting no signal on 77 but 72 and 61.5 are fine. If I recall there's nothing on 77 yet which probably explains why I don't see it.

Yes but I'd like to think someone here would know if I were too far north into the Northeast to use EA for some reason. Originally I read that the Northern part of Maine was going to have problems getting a strong signal.
Dish works anywhere in the US inside the respective satellite footprints. Make sure there is a clear line of sight for the following azimuths...
For 61.5 azimuth 187 and elevation 38..For 72.7 Azimuth 202 ,elevation 38.2 and for 77, Azimuth 209 elevation 37.7. Those elevatins are plenty high enough off the horizon to get above even tall trees. I know pines and spruces as well as douglas firs are the dominant trees. They can get to be pretty darn big. Some Spruce varieties can grow to 100'.
But with those elevations you should have no problem getting good siganl from the Eastern Arc.

Just to follow up I installed this yesterday and it seems fine. The numbers are kind of low but it might be obstruction based or that it requires more care than i wanted to give in 5 degree weather last night.

It does pay to tin foil the 72/77 head just to make sure you have 61.5 in the correct LNB. I had 61.5 on the 77 LNB at first.

The 1K4 is a power hog and wouldn't detect properly with my Sat finder attached so I had to keep going back and forth between the satfinder and a coax joiner.

I'm getting no signal on 77 but 72 and 61.5 are fine. If I recall there's nothing on 77 yet which probably explains why I don't see it.
There is now programming on the 77 bird. http://dishuser.org/77list.php
now since you are unaware. If you ran check switch on your 722 and your seeing ok for 61.5 and 72.7 go ahead and download. If you're getting signal the download will allow the reciver to recognize the 77 AFTER you run another check switch. DO that and post back

I put up the old DirecTV dish and took the update first on 61.5 and activated. I then did check switch after with the 1000.4 and I didn't see 77 at all here. It shows 61.5 and 72.7 fine, and recognizes I have a 1K4 dish.

My bigger concern was that Dish may not fully cover ConUS on one of the two 70 degree sats. It seems my concern was unfounded though.

I'm curious why I don't see 77 though. I might have to frig with the alignment. I have 30-60 depending on TP with the 72.7 and 61.5, so I can't be too far off. I forget what TPs I should peak on though.

This isn't my 722, this is my brother's VIP612, and yes it has a Circle A. I will be moving my service to EA once they decide to add Bangor ME locals in HD. As it sits I'd rather have them in SD with my dual dish setup in the meantime.

I've really gotta get a better alignment meter. I have the LED bar version of the beloved cheap SF meter.

If you have 4 MPEG receivers and a clear line of sight , in Maine, Katmandoo whatver USA you can use 1K.4. 2MPEG receivers do not work.

Yep I am using a VIP612 only on it. Still can't get 77 but I will fight that battle some other point. It's not obstructed so that doesn't seem it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)