New 240Hz HD set...should I upgrade HDMI cables?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You're right, diogen. Oh well on that one.

On the upside, I looked at my spontaneous blu-ray player purchase from Costco and found out that it has built in wifi as well! That's great. Now let's just hope the start-up and disc load time is quicker than the last Sony blu-ray player I bought....which...is...abominal!

I don't think the load times have improved much.

The loading of the disc is alot quicker (Panasonic is quoting .5 sec times) but the actual booting up of the media is still being hampered by no memory on board by most of the Blu Ray manufacturers. There are a few Blu Ray players coming out this year - primarily the 3-D ones - that have memory built in. We will have to wait and see if that shortens the actual media boot time.

The built in memory has little to no effect on load time/startup time. All BD players have a sufficient amount of memory to load a title. What slows down the load time is the BD Java authoring and how much they load up. Think of it like a computer. The more you have in start-up, the longer it takes to load. The more complex the code, the longer it takes to start up. The processor has a greater impact. The start up time for power on is very fast on the Panasonics. Disc times are quicker, too, but still vary depending on the title.

Panasonics do not have built in memory, nor do many of the other models out. Samung 6900 does, Sony 570 does, but not the lower models. Not sure about other models.

S~

Starting with last year Sony's bluray players
"Get your popcorn ready. With Quick Start mode, " --6 seconds.:D

I didn't, I have a 55" 240hz and still using the same HDMI cable from Monoprice I've been using for like 3yrs with other TV sets.

Cant tell any difference with a Monster cable from Best buy that was rated 240hz with the generic one from Monoprice so I'd returned the Monster Gold
BTW, thanks for the monoprice reference! I had not heard of that company before and just ordered some speaker wire from them at a great price. The cable came quickly, the quality is superb, and it is much cheaper...even with shipping, than what Best Buy was going to charge me for similar cable. Good stuff. I'll use them again for sure!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)