New 301 Software (1 Viewer)

tward_biteme1

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 24, 2003
21
0
Will all the 301's eventually get the new software?

I want it .... been waiting for it.......

If all will when..

Can I force it?

Mine is set to do the updates without my permission....
 

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Sep 7, 2003
99,077
16,791
Newington, CT
It will come. :)

I know sometimes it stinks waiting when you know others have the new software. :)

Make sure you shut off your 301 when your not using it and they it will take the update as soon as it can. :)
 

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
903
0
I bet it has to come before the first superdishes are deployed for locals. The 301s with the old softwoare will not be able to support the superdish otherwise.
 

Rocky Watson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 2, 2003
24
0
You Can Force 301 Upgrades

I'm an installer and I force 301 updates

your latest version available is d200

go to menu and system set up (6 i think) then to installation (1) then to system upgrades (5)

at the system upgrade screen simply leave the receiver in that area and push power off wait 15 minutes and it'll be upgraded

see note at bottom of that screen stating system needs to be off to receive

works for me when i'm installing new ones with older software

~rock
 

tward_biteme1

Thread Starter
Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 24, 2003
21
0
Stargazer said:
Are we referring to the rev. 010 301's here or only the rev. 013 versions of the 301?

What Difference does it make?

Also, Rocky, I tried your suggestion and nothing... Could be I am doing it wrong, but will try again....

It looks like P2.10 is the latest and I believe mine says I have 2.00....
 
G

Guest

Guest
tward_biteme1 said:
Stargazer said:
Are we referring to the rev. 010 301's here or only the rev. 013 versions of the 301?

What Difference does it make?

Also, Rocky, I tried your suggestion and nothing... Could be I am doing it wrong, but will try again....

It looks like P2.10 is the latest and I believe mine says I have 2.00....


That's exactly the difference it makes. Maybe you should bother to try to understand what someone says before dismissing it. If you have a 013 rev, then the update is for you, if you have the older 010 rev then there's no new update yet and we're still stuck with the acquiring guide info screen.
 

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
16,561
338
Western WV
That is what I was getting at. Some 301's have a different software version than others have. The rev.010 301's are older than the rev.013 301's.

Does the rev.013's (what they also call the 301d) have more memory than the rev.010 301's (301e)? Is that the reason why they did not send out the same software to all the receivers at once but sent it out to only the one version of 301 to see if there would be any bugs in the software?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Stargazer said:
That is what I was getting at. Some 301's have a different software version than others have. The rev.010 301's are older than the rev.013 301's.

Does the rev.013's (what they also call the 301d) have more memory than the rev.010 301's (301e)? Is that the reason why they did not send out the same software to all the receivers at once but sent it out to only the one version of 301 to see if there would be any bugs in the software?

Yep.
 

James Long

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 24, 2003
1,580
0
Michiana: South of the Border
An Anonymous Guest said:
If you have a 013 rev, then the update is for you, if you have the older 010 rev then there's no new update yet and we're still stuck with the acquiring guide info screen.
301.013 already had the P200 upgrade which includes the new toys. 301.010 is the one getting P210/P213/P214.

JL
 
G

Guest

Guest
Yes P214

EABD-N are the letters after it.

It has the search and the 44hour guide! I like it, no more "Retrieving Information from Satellite"!!!! That is how I noticed it right away.....
 
G

Guest

Guest
Well well well, my 301 reg id 010 upgraded overnight.

its running P214EAFD-N now, I just gotta figure if it has 2 day guide now :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Top