New 301 Software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tward_biteme1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2003
Will all the 301's eventually get the new software?

I want it .... been waiting for it.......

If all will when..

Can I force it?

Mine is set to do the updates without my permission....

It will come. :)

I know sometimes it stinks waiting when you know others have the new software. :)

Make sure you shut off your 301 when your not using it and they it will take the update as soon as it can. :)

I bet it has to come before the first superdishes are deployed for locals. The 301s with the old softwoare will not be able to support the superdish otherwise.

You Can Force 301 Upgrades

I'm an installer and I force 301 updates

your latest version available is d200

go to menu and system set up (6 i think) then to installation (1) then to system upgrades (5)

at the system upgrade screen simply leave the receiver in that area and push power off wait 15 minutes and it'll be upgraded

see note at bottom of that screen stating system needs to be off to receive

works for me when i'm installing new ones with older software

~rock

Stargazer said:
Are we referring to the rev. 010 301's here or only the rev. 013 versions of the 301?

What Difference does it make?

Also, Rocky, I tried your suggestion and nothing... Could be I am doing it wrong, but will try again....

It looks like P2.10 is the latest and I believe mine says I have 2.00....

tward_biteme1 said:
Stargazer said:
Are we referring to the rev. 010 301's here or only the rev. 013 versions of the 301?

What Difference does it make?

Also, Rocky, I tried your suggestion and nothing... Could be I am doing it wrong, but will try again....

It looks like P2.10 is the latest and I believe mine says I have 2.00....

That's exactly the difference it makes. Maybe you should bother to try to understand what someone says before dismissing it. If you have a 013 rev, then the update is for you, if you have the older 010 rev then there's no new update yet and we're still stuck with the acquiring guide info screen.

That is what I was getting at. Some 301's have a different software version than others have. The rev.010 301's are older than the rev.013 301's.

Does the rev.013's (what they also call the 301d) have more memory than the rev.010 301's (301e)? Is that the reason why they did not send out the same software to all the receivers at once but sent it out to only the one version of 301 to see if there would be any bugs in the software?

Stargazer said:
That is what I was getting at. Some 301's have a different software version than others have. The rev.010 301's are older than the rev.013 301's.

Does the rev.013's (what they also call the 301d) have more memory than the rev.010 301's (301e)? Is that the reason why they did not send out the same software to all the receivers at once but sent it out to only the one version of 301 to see if there would be any bugs in the software?

Yep.

An Anonymous Guest said:
If you have a 013 rev, then the update is for you, if you have the older 010 rev then there's no new update yet and we're still stuck with the acquiring guide info screen.
301.013 already had the P200 upgrade which includes the new toys. 301.010 is the one getting P210/P213/P214.

JL

Yes P214

EABD-N are the letters after it.

It has the search and the 44hour guide! I like it, no more "Retrieving Information from Satellite"!!!! That is how I noticed it right away.....

Well well well, my 301 reg id 010 upgraded overnight.

its running P214EAFD-N now, I just gotta figure if it has 2 day guide now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)