New 322 receiver screwed EVERYTHING up. HELP!

smdriver

Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
Okay, this time yesterday, I had 2 tuners working perfectly...a dual HD tuner (VIP 622) and a dual SD tuner (322).

I purchased another 322. I wanted to take the rented 322 off my account and put the purchased 322 on my account. So, I called Dish to set it up.

The guy supposedly set it up. As soon as I hang up, BOTH the new 322 and my VIP 622 go out. It's been like that for 6+ hours now. I haven't touched the first connection on ANYTHING except to trade the 322s. I sat one on top of the other and changed one connection at a time, to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Dish is trying to tell me that a switch has "gone out" and it's just a huge coincidence that it happened at the same exact moment I switched 322s.

Can anyone give me any advice on fixing this without setting up a $30 service call? I've run the "Check Switch" test and it's not working. It's trying to run 50 tests, which it shouldn't be doing. I've tried everything I know, from hooking the rented 322 back up to unplugging and disconnecting everything.

I don't exactly know. I know they installed a larger one when I got the HD tuner a year ago. I just googled a pic of 1000+ dish and mine looks exactly like that, so my answer would probably be yes...I do have a 1000+

If you have a 1000+, then you likely have a power inserter supplying power to it. Look near your receivers for a rectangle shaped plastic box about 8"x3" in size. There's a spot where a red light usually glows when it has power. Check and see if that red light is lit. If it ain't, then that's not getting power and your whole system is down. Also, check to make sure that it is hooked up correctly if you changed any connections on it.

If you have a 1000+, then you likely have a power inserter supplying power to it. Look near your receivers for a rectangle shaped plastic box about 8"x3" in size. There's a spot where a red light usually glows when it has power. Check and see if that red light is lit. If it ain't, then that's not getting power and your whole system is down. Also, check to make sure that it is hooked up correctly if you changed any connections on it.
actually the light is green..But no matter...Good suggestion..Wait... are the ones you guys get really have red lights?

Okay, this time yesterday, I had 2 tuners working perfectly...a dual HD tuner (VIP 622) and a dual SD tuner (322).

I purchased another 322. I wanted to take the rented 322 off my account and put the purchased 322 on my account. So, I called Dish to set it up.

The guy supposedly set it up. As soon as I hang up, BOTH the new 322 and my VIP 622 go out. It's been like that for 6+ hours now. I haven't touched the first connection on ANYTHING except to trade the 322s. I sat one on top of the other and changed one connection at a time, to make sure I didn't screw anything up.

Dish is trying to tell me that a switch has "gone out" and it's just a huge coincidence that it happened at the same exact moment I switched 322s.

Can anyone give me any advice on fixing this without setting up a $30 service call? I've run the "Check Switch" test and it's not working. It's trying to run 50 tests, which it shouldn't be doing. I've tried everything I know, from hooking the rented 322 back up to unplugging and disconnecting everything.
Did you unplug the power inserter before doing ANYTHING else?..If not, the possibility exists you could have causd damage to the LNB(s) on your dish...
Are you SURE you connected everything back in the same exact way it was before?
Do you see where this is going?.....Call Dish...spend the 30 bucks and let a pro handle it.. You'll be happier knowing you'll no longer have to screw with it...

the dish seperator could also be the isue try connecting coax from antena directly to input one and run the ch sw if input one comes up ok ok then you go down to radeo shack and pickup a new one re run the check switch

nah if the switch is trying to run 50 tests then its not connecting with the LNB. The power inserter needs to be hooked up on port 1 of the DPP44. I agree this sounds like something didnt get hooked back up correctly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts