New 4K install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Brandon_m

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 25, 2015
Tennessee
So I'm dumping dish and moving to directv. I have 1 4K tv that's directv 4K ready(un50ku6300) and two other non 4K tvs. What setup should I expect the installer to use?

Based on what I've read the HR54 can't output 4K via hdmi, so I will be using the C61k on the 4K tv?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

the hr54 will be on a non 4k tv
a regular mini will be on a non 4k tv
and you can either use a 4k mini or rvu the 4k tv

Okay cool. How's the performance of the 4K mini? How does the installer decide to use the 4K mini or RVU?

I have a UN49KS8000 and the performance using the RVU in the set is faster then the C61K. But the RVU client has two, for me big, issues. First is there is no screen fit aspect ratio setting in the RVU client, best you can do is 16:9 so there is some image being lost. Second is you can't stack 30second skip/slip commands, need to to one at a time.

As for which one the installer will use I can't answer that one. But if it was me I'd get the C61K in the initial install, especially if they're not charging you for it since if you call and ask for it later then there will be a charge. You could always go get yourself a DECA-BB and connect the set via RVU later, replacing the C61K and see which one you prefer.

So on my order confirmation it shows this. I'm needing one of the C61K genie minis for my 4K tv. Doesn't this summary indicate two regular genie minis? Customer support doesn't seem to understand my concern of wanting to make sure I get the correct genie mini for 4K. If I am set up to get two regular minis is the installer able to edit this with the correct 4K mini?
27126d77eebc9408c614e4594bb340bd.jpg

If you are wanting 4K this order isn't correct. You'll need to correct it. I would typically just say the tech can correct it when he gets onsite but 4K clients aren't typically on the trucks. I've had several people tell me the chat option online has been a great service for correcting orders, you may want to give that a try.

Been on the phone all morning, then went to chat support. Phone support don't understand the issue, and chat support understands but can't fix the issue. Great experience so far, especially when I explicitly specified when I setup my order that I had a 4K tv.

Been on the phone all morning, then went to chat support. Phone support don't understand the issue, and chat support understands but can't fix the issue. Great experience so far, especially when I explicitly specified when I setup my order that I had a 4K tv.

Whew!

Finally got a chat support person to fix the order. I'm now seeing "DirecTV 4K Genie Mini" and also "4K service" under my order. Shouldn't have been this hard to get it fixed but I'm excited for my appointment Tuesday.

It's kinda sad. The CSR's are reading off a script that hasn't been updated for prolly a few years. They still read information dealing with HR34's issues

It's kinda sad. The CSR's are reading off a script that hasn't been updated for prolly a few years. They still read information dealing with HR34's issues

Yeah I understand. I told them I wasn't mad or anything, just frustrated and wanted to get this straightened out while I had the chance. I'm actually pretty happy now. Got the receivers straightened out, I have the ultimate plan with 24 month price lock and the $200 Visa card I'll use to offset the dish etf. I'm ready to say bye to hd lite.

Install update:

Technician showed up on time. I had already removed the dish network dish and wiring and boxes. He installed his pole and the directv dish. Installed my HR54, 4K mini geni, and regular mini geni. Everything updated without issue. He was a true professional and I couldn't be happier. Glad to be apart of the directv community with you guys!

I have an installer coming tomorrow to change our equipment for our 4K TV. My order states a Directv Genie and one 4K Genie mini - is this right? I had assumed the regular genie would go with the 4K TV but it will be the mini, I guess. How much programming is in 4K?

I have an installer coming tomorrow to change our equipment for our 4K TV. My order states a Directv Genie and one 4K Genie mini - is this right? I had assumed the regular genie would go with the 4K TV but it will be the mini, I guess. How much programming is in 4K?

the genie does not output 4k, only the mini does

there is 1 channel in 4k iirc

You're setup correctly. The Genie dvr itself doesn't output 4K, it only passes it to the 4K genie mini.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)