New 522 glich.

maximum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
Phoenix
My 522 had a problem last night that I saw once before so I don't think it is specifically related to the 2.01 software version.

Both tuners were recording and I was watching a recorded program on TV1. When the program ended I selected the "Live TV" button. Instead of switching to live TV, it went to a screen saying it was trying to acquire the satellite signal. The progress remained at 0 of 5 forever. I didn't want to reboot the receiver and mess up what was being recorded. So I clicked the DVR button and selected one of the in-process recordings from the list of programs to see if it was still getting the signal. I could watch the program being recorded just fine but if I tried to change channels, instead of warning me that I had to be in live TV mode, it went back to the acquiring satellite signal screen again.

After both of the programs finished recording everything went back to normal without having to do a reboot. Weird! :(

That IS weird! Sounds kind of like the bug in the "Guide of Death" thread, but still this one's different! Hmmm....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts