New 522 Installation - One cable and a diplexer - Bad input? Bad diplexer?

cloude

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Hi All,

I had a 522 installed about two weeks ago. I live in an apartment building already wired with a dish for all units.

One wire (from a multi-switch box) was installed to my apartment, then a diplexer was used to split the signal into the two inputs on the 522.

Everything was working fine until last night.

Now, on the Check Switch screen, Satellite Input 1 is not working at all, and 2 is OK.

When I switch the wires in the back of the 522, I see the same thing happening -- Input 1 is bad and 2 is good.

TV 1 always seems to work, and TV2 does not -- in both cases.

I don't have the received plugged into a phone line, and I called Customer Service a few days ago to let them know that I kept getting the message to plug it in, so they made a change on their end to add the $4.99 fee to my account. When I checked TV #2 yesterday, the error was still there, and I pressed OK to continue, and I think that's when the problems started happening.

I think that the input #1 on the receiver might be bad, but I'm not sure. Maybe the diplexer.

Maybe I haven't given enough information to troubleshoot here, but thought maybe someone has had this same type of problem...

Thanks in advance for any info you may have.

C.

Bad Idea !

You CAN'T use diplexor for dual tuner receivers. Period.

You must search and read the forum how to use Switches, Separators, Diplexors, Dish Pro, Dish Pro Plus LNBFs.

Smith said:
Bad Idea !

You CAN'T use diplexor for dual tuner receivers. Period.

You must search and read the forum how to use Switches, Separators, Diplexors, Dish Pro, Dish Pro Plus LNBFs.
Because he said that it had been working, I suspect he's confusing a diplexer with the DPP Separator. Terminology is important, but you've gotta read the whole post. ;)

P.S. Welcome aboard, cloude!

SimpleSimon said:
Because he said that it had been working, I suspect he's confusing a diplexer with the DPP Separator. Terminology is important, but you've gotta read the whole post. ;)

P.S. Welcome aboard, cloude!

Yes, it is a DPP Separator, not a diplexer. I used the wrong name above.

The Dish techs verified both tuners were working before they left, and they both worked until yesterday.

Thanks!!

C.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)