New 522 seemingly faulty?

Spazmo

Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
New 625 seemingly faulty?

Big Edit : I am mistaken on the reciever number, it is actually a 625

Before I go through talking with dish tech support and getting someone to come out to look at the box they installed YESTERDAY...I'd like to ask a few questions.

First, last night right after they installed it the box was sluggish, slow menus and whatnot. It got better though, so I didn't worry about it. Then very late last night around midnight I was watching a newly recorded program I'd missed around 7 (honestly I was just excited that I now have a DVR) and my speakers started popping.... it sounded like someone was thumping on the cone or something, it'd happen every few seconds, in varying speeds. Well, I thought it was the recording, so I just deleted it and resumed normal television. It wasn't the recording, cause it was happening on live TV. I do not know if it's my TV or the box, but it's never happened before last night.

Next, after I got off of work today around noon, I went home to a snowstorm on the TV. I figured somehow the box had turned off, so I pushed the power button. Nothing happened, but I noticed that the box said that TV1 was being used. Ok, so I unplug it, plug it back in, and still a snowstorm. Then as I'm walking out of the room (in frustration) the TV stops making the snowstorm sound and I turn around to see that it's aquiring satellite signal....ok, so I wait and wait and finally I get actual TV again...for about 30 seconds. As we speak my TV is snowy.

Is any of this anything to do with anything OTHER than the box? I can't see any possibilities but I figured I'd try to find an answer before monday.

Edit: By the way, i also have a Dish 301 box (5-6 years old at least) that works fine when all this is happening, it's hooked to another TV of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)