Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Thanks to everyone who sent me this tonight...

This is quite a read... I am wondering if there will be 15 HD channels opening up in the near future on Dish?

Things that make you go hmmm...

Voom would be so much better if they combined a number of channels together.

Attachments

• voom_echo.pdf
    644.8 KB · Views: 3,416
Hmm, was it the recent heavy repeats on some of the Voom channels that made it obvious they weren't spending the the $ they were supposed to??

I wonder if there is an appeal in there somewhere? If not, it is bye bye Voom. It is funny that they have picked up programming pit on Monsters.

I for one would hate for ALL of Voom to go.:)

Shouldn't this be a front page read??

I wonder if there is an appeal in there somewhere? If not, it is bye bye Voom. It is funny that they have picked up programming pit on Monsters.

I for one would hate for ALL of Voom to go.:)

Shouldn't this be a front page read??

MONSTERS has picked up a bit. Much better. I would like to see part of VOOM stay( or be consolidated to fewer channels) since it offers some choice not found elsewhere.

I like Voom, BUt I must say, its standing in the way of Dish getting HD channels that Majority of the people care about.

Yeah, but other then premium movie channels, most of those so-called HD channels have little to no HD right now. At least, inspite of lots of repeats, Voom is all HD all the time. I would be sad to see it go.

I still shake my head at all of the energy I put in to being frustrated by not having Sci Fi HD, and then when I get it... other then BSG, not much HD at all.. :(

Isn't VOOM owned by Rainbow Media? I wonder how this will affect Dish's relationship with Rainbow in other respects.

Seems like every company that Dish does business with eventually sues them. In this case looks like Charlie was right.

Since I get the impression that E* provides the greatest income stream to VOOM, I think if E* dropped VOOM it would have a far greater impact on Rainbow than on E*

But outside of speed, what else out is out there? And also what is out there that broadcasts primarily in HD? Admittedly I ma new to HD, but I am paying extra for it and would hate to lose 15 channels.

I read the D* ad about "channels you never heard of" - in fact if I was searching for a provider, the D* ad would have steered me toward E*, at least I would research and find out what the channels are I never heard of, and go with the provider that has something unique.

If E* no longer has Voom, what is the unique benefit to having E*, I can get upconverted stretch-o-vision anywhere.

Wow. I love Rave and Monster. If E* loses these channels....? Maybe this is why they created the HD only pack.

It would be terrible to loose the Voom channels, these channels are the only reason I am with Dish if they go I go because there would be no reason to stay.

Voom is the reason I stay with Dish network. It is unique programming not available elsewhere. I'm out of contract. I'd give very serious consideration to switching providers if someone offered something similar. Regrettably there isn't an alternative in my area.

On the plus side, an IFC-HD channel would be a good start towards counteracting the loss of Voom movie channels.

CDH.

I actually think voom is hurting dish more than what any of you realize. Voom has been showing nothing but repeats for a while now. They obviously haven't been putting money twards programming as their library shows it. Now if they were to get rid of them, dish has the space to add 12 additional HD channels that gives them the room to compete with D* and possibly gain the HD leader status back until D* fires back. Who wants to watch repeats? Voom maybe able to still market monsters HD, and sell its rave programming to MHD, which they do already. Now, dish could potentally settle down the Voom crowd by adding Chiller HD. I think we all agree that monsters HD is the only channel on Voom that is really worth while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)