Now here is a read...

I like Voom. Or, to be honest, I liked Voom. I haven't watched much on it in many months, due to all the repeats. It could be a great part of Dish HD. But it isn't. It appears they decided they've lost quite some time ago, and are just playing for time, minimizing their losses.

If only Equator kept producing new material..... :(

I think we all agree that monsters HD is the only channel on Voom that is really worth while.

ummm, 'fraid not, son......

It would be a great loss to those of us that appreciate these channels. I agree that they could condense some of their programming, but to lose Equator, Rave, FilmFest, WorldSport, and Gallery would be a big bummer for me.

Last edited:
I am curious as to why MonstersHD's schedule has been great lately you think that they may try to keep this channel?

Is there any word if these channels are going away for sure or are they negotiating? I read the pdf and I am not 100% sure if it gave a definative answer.

I like Voom. Or, to be honest, I liked Voom. I haven't watched much on it in many months, due to all the repeats. It could be a great part of Dish HD. But it isn't. It appears they decided they've lost quite some time ago, and are just playing for time, minimizing their losses.

My sentiments exactly!

I won't say that all of Voom should go away, because I know a lot of folks still enjoy it. Just like I'd like to see Speed HD, yet I know many folks would consider it a waste of bandwidth. I have been saying for a long time though, that Voom should be downsized to fewer channels. If all they are ever going to do is repeats, combine them all into 4 or 5 channels (at most) and split up the schedule in some way to group like content for the fans of the various channels. Perhaps have all of prime time on Monday be Monsters content, then all of prime time on Tuesday be Style content or so on. Use some of the Movies to fill in other parts of the day. The HD News channel is unique, so it is about the only current channel I see surviving as it is today...the rest of the channels could easily be combine with a little thought and creative scheduling.

I'd think Voom would stand a better chance of surviving with 4 or 5 channels ON E* vs. 15 channels that are NOT on E*!

I am really worried lol. I say get rid of a few of the channels and I think we could all be happy.

Everyone has their own opinion about VOOM. Me personally, I couldnt' care less about it. I would trade VOOM for SPEED HD and Spike HD in a heartbeat. They do offer unique content not found on any other channels though. It's a toss up. You're either for them going away or against. Like Scott said though, this legal crap has already been going on for over 18 months. It wouldn't suprise me to go on for another year or more before anything is finally done. Look how long it took for the TiVo injunction, and that was an actual legitimate gripe....or was it. :D

Rush is the channel I always put on when there's somebody in the room who never saw HD before. The result is always "WOW!"

This might be DirecTV someday

Option ON
========
Since DirecTV said it wont carry Voom, that means that DirecTVs HD providers have to compete to buy the HD movies that VOOM has been buying.

Once Voom is gone channels like Chiller, Smithsonian, Discovery can then buy up the older programing right to the Voom shows at a discounted rate once the Voom carriage agreements for those movies end.

In others words we might start to see some of the MOnster HD stuff on Chiller HD some day and SMithsonian. It may just take a year. This means few repeats for those channels.

Options TWO
============
Voom files bankruptcy. DirecTV buys it at a fraction of the price and then combines the channels into 4, turns it into a movie package at $3.99 a month and sells it back to cable and dishnetwork as a new movie service.

Just guessing here. . .

Rush is the channel I always put on when there's somebody in the room who never saw HD before. The result is always "WOW!"
I always turn ont the HD NEws channel to wow non HD folks. I personally would miss Rave - I enjoy that channel. And the VOOM channel's PQ is always great.

BYE BYE Voom.........hello channels the general public has heard of before....
...and yet they don't watch. Let's face it, ABCHD, CBSHD, FOXHD, NBCHD, and about a dozen cable favorites are what 80% of the population views on a regular basis. I used to love the VOOM HD channels (and VOOM DBS too), but they squandered opportunity after opportunity to make their channels widely available and add/create interesting new content. I am still waiting on their "Monster Truck" episodes they were supposed to show in November 2004, and I am still waiting for them to fix their "fiber problem" since October 2005.:rolleyes:

A la carte will help drive a huge number of the subsidized "fluff" channels (and potential HD bandwasters showing little or no HD) out-of-business!:):):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)