Now here is a read...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yeah, I said it. I said it about a week ago. Consolidate Voom to 5 channels. Oh yea!

They did not consolidate, they eliminated. Tell me 5 of your favorite channels, so I can call DISH and ask to have them removed....

Also, during the history of DISH, where have they removed any channels because they were less popular? If that were the case, we would only have a AT100 package at the most.

I say keep them all if it's possible. I think it is more of a value than it is less. If they have room to keep them.. then obviously it is wise to have all these channels that most other providers do not.. especially now that they just added these 22* other national HD channels and are once again (close) to being an HD leader. I can definately understand Dish's stance. they would rather put them in a different teir and they have something to back Voom in a corner with.. so they are using the opportunity. I don't personally mind where they fall within the teirs... I will probably always sub to all the HD, so let them put it where they want.. at least it gives everyone an opportunity to sub to Voom.. as opposed to getting rid of it completely, and no Dish sub can get it at all.

I don't really watch many of the Voom channels that often, a product of too many repeats... which is why I am glad to see Dish call Voom out on the lack of spending... I don't think anyone is surprised to hear that Voom wasn't spending enough on programming. It's pretty obvious. I think as long as Dish still carries Voom in the end.. only good will come out of this.

I watch Rave the most out of all the Voom channels. You would think that they could produce more content on this channel easily. Out of all the concerts going on these days.... can't they just keep these updated? They still show concerts that I saw when I originally sub'd to voom a couple of years ago.

Greg Bimson said:
The answer is that Dish Network knows they have VOOM over a barrel. And Dish Network is basically trying to dictate the terms of what a new contract would look like.

So is Dish Network trying to put VOOM out of business, or trying to renegotiate programming differently than the 15 HD channels they still broadcast?
So obviously, they are trying to renegotiate programming. Something tells me Dish Network would like to see consolidation of the channels now.

Voom deserved this... They never re-invested into the channels/business and it was DEAD clear to anyone watching it that it was 99% repeats! I think the desirability of what they had was iffy at best. It is sad to see them go.. i will admit that, but I wouldn't blame charlie for this. He simply listened to what so many said about how Voom became stale etc.

Voom deserved this... They never re-invested into the channels/business and it was DEAD clear to anyone watching it that it was 99% repeats! I think the desirability of what they had was iffy at best. It is sad to see them go.. i will admit that, but I wouldn't blame charlie for this. He simply listened to what so many said about how Voom became stale etc.
And the threats that Dish made to drop VOOM were having a good effect. Original programming was up, repeats were down. Strange time to pull the plug. Definitely sends the wrong message.

Also, Voom promised to put $100 million into development and thru interesting accounting, didn't do so, so they broke a promise when Dish took them on

The adage "Too little Too Late" comes to mind... How long did we pay for repeats/nothing... Once you saw a show it wasnt like you watched it again.. They robbed us for how long before making a show or two?!

I like Voom, BUt I must say, its standing in the way of Dish getting HD channels that Majority of the people care about.

i don't think a majority want to see the weather channel and the fishing channel in hd, unless they're a bunch of rednecks.

Now, dish could potentally settle down the Voom crowd by adding Chiller HD. I think we all agree that monsters HD is the only channel on Voom that is really worth while.

chiller can never replace MHD, most of the stuff on thier are old fox shoes from the 80's.

besides MHD, the kung fu channel was great.

"yet I know many folks would consider it a waste of bandwidth"

the fishing and weather channel in hd, talk about a waste of bandwidth.

It's not that I don't want to see all the new channels in high def added to Dish, but after having them for a month now (Fishing network, Cartoon, ABC Family, ect), I have found very little true high def on these new channels, which is why I personally feel like we have less true high def than before. Only MGM HD and the Cinemax channels have really had

Well what did you expect!

I want this HD channel, I want that HD channel, the grass is always greener, bla, bla, bla!

And when you get it, guess what, they say it's HD, but they have very little HD content, because everybody is jumping on the bandwagon with no instruments.

Providers will not sell you one HD channel. If you want SciFi you have to take channels X,Y and Z also. So, we get one we want, and 4 we don't want or which have little or no HD content.

There is a clamor for Speed HD now, but what trash HD channels will Dish have to swallow in order to get that one channel.

It's not about getting that one nugget you want, it's about having room for all the junk that must come with that nugget.

Think about it.

Well what did you expect!

I want this HD channel, I want that HD channel, the grass is always greener, bla, bla, bla!

And when you get it, guess what, they say it's HD, but they have very little HD content, because everybody is jumping on the bandwagon with no instruments
I've learned to sit back and laugh .... as you say, people scream and whine for "more HD channels" and when they get them, there's something else to complain about. Dish, DirecTV, and the cablecos are all in the same boat. Their customers want more HD channels but in many cases, they simply aren't out there. Too many are HD channels in name only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)