New 622 Feature Coming

DSL and cable companies sell and install routers and integrated Modem/Wireless units here. But, I do know what you mean though. :)

I hope in the future we'll see more uses for the ethernet jack. It does make me happy knowing that when I upgrade on the 15th I won't have to run phone lines or use cordless phone jacks.

I'm hoping they'll just send me receivers. I'll plug a 61.5 dish into my DP34 ahead of time mounted to a 4x4 until the tower goes up.

Earlier this morning when i turn on my tv i got this dish screen that said that there was a problem with my switch, i could'nt read what the whole screen said it just cama & went. I believe it was refering to where i have my ethernet hooked up to? maybe not, anyone get this screen before?

So, does that mean that the port has been enabled?

Well, the port itself is working. E* will have to send down some software in order to make use of it. Remember, the port is just a dumb communication vehicle - the intelligence & functionality will be in the software from E*.

--Doug

Earlier this morning when i turn on my tv i got this dish screen that said that there was a problem with my switch, i could'nt read what the whole screen said it just cama & went. I believe it was refering to where i have my ethernet hooked up to? maybe not, anyone get this screen before?

I have had that message before.. Come to find out in my case it was because there was water in the connection to the dish. Replaced the line and life was good.

If it persists then I'd worry but otherwise I'd call it a fluke. I think the message you had was related to the dish though, not the network.

Well, the port itself is working. E* will have to send down some software in order to make use of it. Remember, the port is just a dumb communication vehicle - the intelligence & functionality will be in the software from E*.

--Doug

Good Point; I wonder how we will know if actual software has been sent down through it..

I'd think there's going to be a version nudge over the sat first, but maybe they already have the software to do all this in the current software ver.

So, does that mean that the port has been enabled?
A light on the port of your hub, router, or switch simply means there's electrical continuity from one end to the other. Until it starts flickering, i.e. "activity", it's nothing.

Try this: If you have a router or hub, disabling networking on your PC and go look at the light on the router/hub. It will still be lit up.

Good Point; I wonder how we will know if actual software has been sent down through it..
Just check here... :D There will undoubtedly be some folks who sit up overnight watching for the update. Or, P Smith might post listing what s/w version is in the stream and which receivers it is targeting.

I'm better off sleeping so I can make the 15th or 16th come here sooner. Then I can call Dish Network.

Almost like frigging Christmas.

I will miss my 721, but I'll hang onto it since i own it.. :)

...I have a serious problem with over thinking things and in the process overlooking the obvious. Ask my wife how long it took me to propose. :rolleyes:

Given the relative length of my post, I think it might be a trait of those in the IT field. K.I.S.S., wuzzat? :)

I reprogrammed a WHR-G125 Buffalo router from Circuit City for 40 bucks. I installed DD-WRT and made it a wireless to wired bridge..

5 ethernet ports and wireless. It was the easiest way to get the net over to my Xbox1 and 360 without having a cable. They're not high bandwidth devices.

Some of those 11G bridges are expensive as hell.

Just check here... :D There will undoubtedly be some folks who sit up overnight watching for the update. Or, P Smith might post listing what s/w version is in the stream and which receivers it is targeting.
Last update was 3 day ago - beta:
PID: 08B5h, ID: WATC, FW: BYB1, Model: ViP622/ViP722
PID: 08BFh, ID: WBTC, FW: BWE1, Model: ViP622/ViP722
Fri Aug 03 16:31:56 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)