Recommendation to drop a receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shrefler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I currently have a 211 and a 625. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 722 tommorrow and dropping the second receiver since I really only need the one receiver (2 tuners) at this point. In the future, I'm concerned I'll want a second receiver (HD probably). Does anyone have any experience with adding a second receiver after taking advantage of the Dish'n'It Up promotion? I dont' want to have to wait 12 months to be able to add another receiver if I need one, but i also dont' want to pay $11 a month to keep the 625 or $6 a month for the 211 and not use it. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Is the additional receiver fee for purchased VIP 722/622 receiver the same as the leased one at $6? Or is the purchased one at $5?

The # of reasons to own a receiver has dwindled dramatically in the last couple of years. I used to own all my receivers but since they charge basically the same fee whether you own or lease, the financial incentive isn't really there anymore. I think most people that still own their boxes are doing it because they don't like Dish telling them what they can and can't do with it - or they weren't able to get a lease for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts