Recommendation to drop a receiver?

shrefler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2007
I currently have a 211 and a 625. I'm thinking about upgrading to a 722 tommorrow and dropping the second receiver since I really only need the one receiver (2 tuners) at this point. In the future, I'm concerned I'll want a second receiver (HD probably). Does anyone have any experience with adding a second receiver after taking advantage of the Dish'n'It Up promotion? I dont' want to have to wait 12 months to be able to add another receiver if I need one, but i also dont' want to pay $11 a month to keep the 625 or $6 a month for the 211 and not use it. Any recommendations?

Thanks

Is the additional receiver fee for purchased VIP 722/622 receiver the same as the leased one at $6? Or is the purchased one at $5?

The # of reasons to own a receiver has dwindled dramatically in the last couple of years. I used to own all my receivers but since they charge basically the same fee whether you own or lease, the financial incentive isn't really there anymore. I think most people that still own their boxes are doing it because they don't like Dish telling them what they can and can't do with it - or they weren't able to get a lease for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts