New 622 TV2 w/No Receiver = No Surround?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adrnln1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Chantilly, VA
I had my new 622 receiver installed on Friday and it's working great. HD in the basement regular in my family room. I was watching Star Wars I - III on Max and couldn't use my surround sound receiver?

It used to be hooked into the audio out on my regular DVR Receiver and now that the 622 is in the basement, I have no receiver in the family room to get the audio out from?

There has to be something I am missing??:rolleyes:

Gary... that's my point, where does the input come from when there is no Dish receiver to get it from?

Sorry for the dumb question.

I had my new 622 receiver installed on Friday and it's working great. HD in the basement regular in my family room. I was watching Star Wars I - III on Max and couldn't use my surround sound receiver?

It used to be hooked into the audio out on my regular DVR Receiver and now that the 622 is in the basement, I have no receiver in the family room to get the audio out from?

There has to be something I am missing??:rolleyes:

Why haven't you connected the audio out from the 622 to your surround sound receiver?

Audio hasn't changed on the 622 from earlier Dish DVRs. You use either optical out for DD sound or use red/white cables. I guess I am just confused by the question.

Read your 622 manual page 21 for Satellite Receiver Back Panel. Use Channel 21-69 Output or Audio/Video Output to TV2 to connect by "wire" to your second TV in the family room.

My surround sound works perfectly in the basement where the 622 is located. The issue I have is that I have no audio out put in my family room because there is NO REVEIVER there. The 622 in the basement runs both TVs. I need to know where to get the audio feed for my surround receiver on the 2nd TV with no Dish Receiver.

JH1949, the two locations are more then 75' apart, I wasn't aware that cables came in that length. My guess without mesuring is about 78'.

Can I wire the audio out from my tv into my surround receiver? I have a 7 year old Toshiba 50" Rear Projection TV.

Suggestion

I assume that the RF cable is connected to your TV. If your TV has audio out, Then you can connect these outputs from the TV to the audio receiver. The RF signal from the 622 TV2 has MTS stereo so you can use that to get surround (Dolby Pro Logic).

The real question is what do you want in the Family Room ?

Most people are using 2nd TVs where quality is not #1 (bedroom). They just use the sound through the TV.

Some TVs have audio outputs. So maybe you could take the sound out of the TV and feed it to the Family room receiver (this would probably get you Dolby Pro Logic Surround). Otherwise you can run an analog audio cable from the 622 TV2 out (monoprice.com should have 75" lengths).

If you want Dolby Digital, you'll have to try and run a digital audio cable from the 622. You can probably find a 75' at monoprice.com . You'd also need to split the Optical audio out from the 622.

ALSO, the digital out is only for TV1. So you'd end up running the 622 in Single/Shared mode and not be able to watch different programming on the two TVs.

Once you reach this much hassle I'd go with a 2nd 622 (needed once you upgrade that Family Room TV anyway).

JH1949, I have no idea (LOL), the Dish guy did it. All I know is he took out the receiver in the Family Room and put a barrel connector on the two cables that were there (in from SAT and out to TV). I used to have the audio out cables attached to the receiver that was there and now they are just hanging.

David, I will look at the rear of the TV this evening. I don't see adding another receiver at this point. I currently have 4; 3 regular DVRs and 1 622.

When I want to hear quality, it is in the basement movie room. I just realized that I lost this capablity and want to get at least Pro Logic back in the Family Room.

This forum is great! Thanks for all the information, I will report back in the morning.:hatsoff:

Last edited:
wow... there seems to be a lot of confusion on your sitatution....
really the only real option to connect your family room to a surround sound receiver,
is IF your tv in that room have "audio out" jacks...
if it does then just run a set of rca jack between the tv and the receiver

if by chance your tv doesnt have output jacks, then you could also use a vcr and use the outputs on it... but that makes it a litte more complicated and annoying to use... check and see if the tv has outputs... if it doesnt i'll explain the vcr thing more

All, my TV had audio out RCAs so I connected them and all is fine. The TV also has the ability to cut out its own speakers and just go through the surround receiver.

All is well in the surround world!

:hatsoff:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts