New 921 arriving from DN tomorrow I have a question pls.

Celestial

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
Hi Everybody!

I live in Brooklyn, NY and I am getting a new 921 installed to replace the 6000 I have currently.

My question is this I would like to get as much HD content as possible. Currently I am pointing to three satellites and I have a SuperDish with a SW64 attached. I got the new dish so I could order an international channel which is on another satellite (121, I am currently connected to three).

Can someone tell me what satellites I should be pointed to maximize my HD content for where I live. I also have the HD Pak (TNTHD, HDNET). I want to get CBS-HD and the other channels if possible.

Thanks

dishchannelchart.com is a great resource for information

CBS HD east is on 61.5 which you would need another dish
CBS HD west is on 148 which you would nteed another dish.

DN is beginning to suck

I just got disconnected from the DN ppl. Before I got the SuperDish I had a Dish Pro system with two dishes. They removed both of them to install the SuperDish and now this tech is telling me I need to pay $99.00 to get CBS-HD??

I am pretty sure I had that sat before all this started....WTF...I am connected to 110/121/119 right now. I need 121 to get a specialized channel...I also have the HD Pak...

Can someone explain this to me.

is there any reason they took your wing dish to install the super... di dyou request it?

They also could have taken it because you have alegacy switch and most likely legacy lnb's

The SW64 wont allow another sat to be added to it. An upgrade to Dish pro equipment and a dpp44 would be required to get all 4 sats... i believe. someone correct me if im off.

DN no longer sucks

Well, I finally spoke to a supervisor and they said when they come to install my 921 they will hook up another dish for me. I do not know why they took off the "wingman" :) dish but they did.

The setup is not that old, I moved and I have a DishPVR 502 or something like that installed. It has a SW34 attached. The only "legacy" equipment I had is my 6000 (got it soon after it came out). Although, when I moved they did not install any special adapter like they did when they installed the SuperDish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)