New 921 HD glitch (L273)?

GRG

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I have had my 921 for over a year now with no major problems other than daily or so button reboots for stuck aspect ratio. Now after 273, almost every time I use trick play on HD content I get pixellization and picture freezes resulting in having to reboot in order to continue normal operation. This happens on both OTA & network Dish HD content.

Well, I have not noticed the problem from the OP, but I have noticed all of my OTA channels are not 20-30 pts lower in singal strenth, but yet come in just fine.

For example. ABC was 110 or so,, it is now aroud 85. Fox was 90 and is now 60. NBC was 70 and is at 40 yet still solid.

I've been seeing much more frequent audio dropouts on my 921 lately while viewing HD.

It usually happens while I'm watching delayed "live" (ie after pausing). I've found that if I jump to live and then back up to where I was, the problem will disappear for a while. "A while" is anywhere from a few minutes to the end of the show (as much as an hour).

I'm suspecting disk fragmentation issues, but can't really say why other than how the delay time indicator acts, and the fact that my disk is always near full.

Yesterday while flipping through the menus out of boredom I noticed my 921 indicated I had somehow reverted to outputting 480P only. I don't know how it got there or how long but when I changed it back to 720P I was stuck with a severely distorted and small (about 20% of full) picture in the top left of my TV screen. I tried 1080i and it was even smaller but less distorted. I put it back to 720P and rebooted and that completely cleared up the problem. Picture of course was noticebly sharper. God knows how long I had been watching DVD quality video :( blissfully thinking it was HD.

If the 921 is in SD mode when it reboots (every night), it forgets the old HD setting. So, then in the morning you turn it back on and hit the SD/HD button to get back to HD and get 480p.

I have two 921's. I never watch in anything but HD output mode. One of the
921's randomly changes to 480 output, even though the "blue light" is on and, as I said, the low def (yellow light) output mode is never selected. I have to go into the output settings page and manually change it. I've had one of the 921's for well over a year. Honestly, at this point I'm not surprised at anything it does :).

Bob

NightHawk said:
Yesterday while flipping through the menus out of boredom I noticed my 921 indicated I had somehow reverted to outputting 480P only. I don't know how it got there or how long but when I changed it back to 720P I was stuck with a severely distorted and small (about 20% of full) picture in the top left of my TV screen. I tried 1080i and it was even smaller but less distorted. I put it back to 720P and rebooted and that completely cleared up the problem. Picture of course was noticebly sharper. God knows how long I had been watching DVD quality video :( blissfully thinking it was HD.
3 days ago I discovered the same thing and had the same problem(480p 4x3) when I switched it to 1080i or 720p, but a reboot fixed it. I also had to reboot the machine again after I couldn't change the format of the picture from normal to zoom.

I wonder if the last one or two upgrades made it revert back to 480/4x3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)