New account and upgrades?

usmaak

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hey all,

I've only been with Dish for about two months now. I have standard def receivers right now, but I'm thinking of going out and buying a high def tv. High def was in our future once I got my basement finished, but that's two years out, and I don't want to wait. So I'm going to get a smaller HD tv now and a larger one in a couple of years. I have a couple of questions though. I've searched Dishnetwork's website and haven't found anything useful.

1. If I wanted to get an the 722 HD DVR, would I be able to? Or am I stuck with my current equipment?
2. I keep reading about dish'nitup and was wondering where I could find more information on it. It sounds like an upgrade program.
3. Is it possible to get two 722 HD DVRs? I would use the second one as a standard def DVR for the time being, and it would be HD once I got the second HD tv.
4. What kind of costs would we be talking about?

Thanks! :)

its gonna cost you $$ to upgrade. if you didnt take advantage of getting the best equipment that was available at the time of install, its always at a cost later on. you will be able to elase one 722 on the dishinit up upgrade. the second one you will have to buy at a cost of 549-599. you can however lease a 722 and a 211 in a diu upgrade. call dish and find out the exact prices. those depned on the tier level they place you in.

I just saw a post a while ago, sorry don't know who posted it, that either starting on or after Oct. 3rd existing customers will be allowed to upgrade to a 722 and a 622. There was no mention of cost.

You might ask DishNetwork about the possibillity of getting two 722s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)