New "Art Work"

xfoneguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2008
Duvall, WA
I guess all the talk about someone taking over the "Guide Info" is what I am seeing today - the new Program Icons are very nicely done. I'm not sure what all is affected yet, but looking at my "DVR" view is pretty impressive :)

I guess all the talk about someone taking over the "Guide Info" is what I am seeing today - the new Program Icons are very nicely done. I'm not sure what all is affected yet, but looking at my "DVR" view is pretty impressive :)

Can you post a pic of what you are seeing? I am not sure all of us have gotten the update that you are seeing as I am not seeing any difference on my views. Thanks!

Art work seems to be just fine now. I also noticed skip forward and backward now has the time shown how far with each click. -10 secs, -20, secs etc or +30 secs, +1.00 min, etc. Nice little feature. I'm still on U343 on my H3.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Yup, I'm luvin' that dark grey brown DISH icon on all my programming and empty searches and all the failed timers due it lack or inaccurate info. Oh and deleted programs coming back to haunt me.

Reactions: Jon J and dennispap
Art work seems to be just fine now. I also noticed skip forward and backward now has the time shown how far with each click. -10 secs, -20, secs etc or +30 secs, +1.00 min, etc. Nice little feature. I'm still on U343 on my H3.
I hadn't noticed the skip times - that is a nice little feature :)

my H3 has had the skip times since I got it last August
some of the icons are nice, but many are just a generic background with typed text of the name of the show, which I guess is better than just a generic background, but not optimal...

I think I noticed these on our Joey in the past 3-5 days, before they showed up on the Hopper. I don't have the latest s/w on the Hopper either (U344, I think ?) either.

Reactions: xfoneguy
my H3 has had the skip times since I got it last August
some of the icons are nice, but many are just a generic background with typed text of the name of the show, which I guess is better than just a generic background, but not optimal...
I'm guessing that the Program Guide "rework" is most likely a "work in progress"? Hopefully these ugly icons will eventually be replaced.

Since seeing this thread I have been paying particular attention to the art and it's getting bad. Many program icons even on a 55" TV are almost impossible to read. In many cases the old ones were/are just fine/better. Also a ton of generic icons where there were specific icons that were great.

I've noticed that some of the new movie thumbnails look much higher res than some of the older ones

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)