New beta software for VIP622

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Just received a call from dish 4.01 team. They are spooling a beta version to some 622 receivers starting tonight with a general release next week to address the LNB drift issue. I informed him that I changed out the LNB and that fixed my issue, but was asked if I still wanted the beta release and I said yes. Evidently those who have reported the issue will receive the update tonight.

Maybe that's why they didn't release L4.01 to everybody else today. Good, at least they're listening and monitoring the forums before they release the software updates to everyone else.

Just received a call from dish 4.01 team. They are spooling a beta version to some 622 receivers starting tonight with a general release next week to address the LNB drift issue. I informed him that I changed out the LNB and that fixed my issue, but was asked if I still wanted the beta release and I said yes. Evidently those who have reported the issue will receive the update tonight.

LNb drift issues is the only ones that get it or will ALL Beta testers get the new software? This issue is responsible for the lost locks too I bet. THat and the default to 105 satellite whether you have it or not in your check switch matrix. I hope that everyone will get this update to fix the problems since my lost locks are in the 40s and 30's every day since the update.

According to the guy that called, only those with the problem that are called will get the software at 12:00 AM. If it is successful they will roll it out to everyone next week. This beta has a different designation than 4.01 and it ends with the letter B. I was having difficulty locking onto even TPs on 129 after I got 4.01. Yeaterday I noticed I was getting an error message about LNB drift and then switched out the LNB. According to the tech that called, they added a new condition to get an alert that drift is occuruing and in many instances the LNB may not be far enough out of soec to need replacing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)