New BlackBerry Torch introduced: OS6, WebKit browser

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

diogen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Coming August 12th on ATT network for $200

blackberry-torch-ofc-3.jpg

BlackBerry Torch first hands-on! (update: video) -- Engadget

RIM's first touchscreen slider. Another candidate to be sued by Apple.

Diogen.

RIM has finally improved on there phones, however, it is lacking new hardware. The Camera is out dated and so is the 624MHZ processor. Since they continue to build on the same OS I don't see the memory leak issue being fixed.

At this point I will stick with my Droid X and Original Droid because they have the power and reliability that RIM can lack.

RIM has finally improved on there phones, however, it is lacking new hardware. The Camera is out dated and so is the 624MHZ processor. Since they continue to build on the same OS I don't see the memory leak issue being fixed.

At this point I will stick with my Droid X and Original Droid because they have the power and reliability that RIM can lack.

but without the mem leak we wouldn't get to do the daily battery pull....;)

They do not...

But they seem to use the same CPU as Dell Axim X50 used ... in 2005.

Diogen.

Not according to many websites. They state they have used the core of 4.0 all the way up to 6.0. They have not done completely new build. Just like Windows 98-2000-XP it is the same core engine with UI and other changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)