New call from Dish to come back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stan Sherman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
I have had Direct now for 7 months and have been very happy with my choice after having been with Dish for nine years. I keep getting calls from Dish to come back. However today was the call that set me off.
First of all the caller says :"My name is John and I am calling for Dish Network, The leader in HD"
I respond: I am happy with Direct, I have already told your people not to call.
"Well we have a lot more HD than Direct"
Oh thats interesting, I get over 90 channels including Sci-Fi, USA, Spike, CNN,ESPNNEWS and many more.
"Direct is lying to you. Most of the channels they have do not have any HD content on Them"
I beg to differ plus I get 14 HD movie channels.
"Our 4 HD movie channels which only Dish has show all the movies that are on your 14 channels"
I used to Have dish and the 4 channels you have in HD areHBOHD,MAXHD,STARZHD and ShowtimeHD. WE get these plus 10 more.
"no, you do not get these with direct and you have to pay extra for your movie Channels in HD"
At this point I was steamed and told him if Dish ever called my home # again. I would be happy to let my attorney handle it for me.

Is dish this desperate that they need to lie to get subs back?

The short answer is yes, they are desperate and they will lie to you. Here's what happened to me. I switched to D* last week, and canceled my E* account two days after the D* installation. Two days after that, Dish's customer service absolutely BOMBARDED my cell phone with calls. It went something like this. Friday - 14 calls to my cell. Saturday - 24 calls. Sunday - 30 calls. Monday - 35 calls. Finally, I answered the phone on Tuesday when I realized they weren't going to stop. The girl I talked to acted like she was stoned. Either that, or she was completely out of it. In any case, I told them that I had a D* contract and I wasn't interested in coming back to Dish at this time. She asked me if I was happy with the service and I told her that I was. She said OK and that is where the conversation ended. So far today, no calls to my cell, but they usually call in the afternoon and evening, so we'll see.

E* is quickly becoming the AOHell of pay TV providers when it comes to customer retention.

I got so mad after the first retention call I just hang up as soon as I find out it's Dish now. They really know how to seal the deal ... for DTV!!:D

With D11 coming online shortly and SWM "Single Wire Mode" roll out starting up both cable and Dish are going to feel the exodus of people joining the real HD leader.

Dish had it's chance but didn't pony up the money to the FCC.

Cables only chance to compete is to drop the analog feeds and go 100% digital.

Do what I did,

when you cancel say your moving out of the country and wont be back for Two years.

This way they wont call and in Two years when your DirecTV contract is up, they are ready then to offer you great deals to come back IF your interested.

They have never called me.

When I called last week to schedul cancellation I was given the 3rd degree about why I was cancelling. I did list the reasons but after that they kept prodding and I said I didn't want to be rude but they really needed to stop trying to convince me to stay. The CSR totally changed his tone and gave me the schpiel about what would happen if I don't return the leased receivers and that I would be charged up front if I decided to come back, blah, blah, blah.

If they really want to retain customers they can start by stopping the harassment and being polite when someone is sure they want to cancel.

I've had two calls so far in the month that I've been gone ...

Each time I've said - I'm currently in a two year contract ... and you still do not have my locals in HD or Speed HD - so anything else you say will be a waste of your time and mine ...

they say "ok - thanks"

call ends.

I'll give them another one or two calls before i go ahead and forward the incoming call to the dish sales number .. that aught to stop them quickly from there :)

I already had installed DirecTV when I canceled Dish, so I guess that made it easier for me. Dish still tried to keep me.

Dish for like 3 days straight would call me every 2 hours on the hour (well 4 minutes after) from 10:00 until 8:00. For fun I called the number back at work and yep...Dish

The one time I picked up the phone and told Apu that I didnt want Dish anymore and they already had the reason why (it was used at the cabin and the cabin got sold).
What's sad is all I had with them at the end was the locals and the free PI Pack....they want me back for 12 bucks a month????????

I still get phone calls and letters from Jabcast. 400 dollars to come back. The verizon door to door saleman been to my home twice.

When I called last week to schedul cancellation I was given the 3rd degree about why I was cancelling.

When my grandparents moved I was worried that they would get the 3rd degree too but my grandma said they actually were "nice"

she told Dish that they moved into an apartment complex that doesn't allow dishes and they are on the North side of the complex (both true) and they said "OK" and disconnected her.

It will be a week this saturday since the change over and so far no calls.I guess I am luckey

In E*'s defense, I have received a few nice calls back, offering me deals to go back:

$10 off for 12 months if I get AT100 or above;
No DVR fee on the 2ND DVR with AT100 or up;
No early cancellation fee even though there is a 2-year contract;
No $5 charge on a dual tuner DVR even if the phone line is not hooked up;
$50 one time credit on the first bill;
And the standard $39.99 off on three bills.

Now they do know what my complaints were, some of those are addressed above. But no new HD, no deal, and limitation on how many tuners to lease, no deal.

It's really sad that DISH, or any company for that matter, has to hound people and offer all kinds of deals to come back. If they took care of their customers, had top-notch customer service and offered long-time customers a little thanks now and then they wouldn't have to be trying to get them back. It's been proven over and over again that it's far cheaper to keep a customer happy than it is to get a disatisfied former customer back. THese outfits never learn.

Is DISH kidding when they claim to be the HD leader? A good chunk of their HD content is from VOOM on channels that I have not heard, nor care to hear about. It is true that some HD channels from D* broadcast few programs in true high definition. But even without the true HD, the picture quality still far surpasses the SD broadcast of the same program. And E* really should start thinking about how embarassing it is for them to compare themselves with D*. If you're into sports, D* is miles ahead of E* in everything, from the regional sports networks, to sports subscriptions, to total HD sports content. For example, today I will be able to watch eight HD MLB games with MLBEI that DISH doesn't even carry, or wishes to carry. And that's just a fraction of what D* has that E* doesn't. The only advantage that I can see that E* has is their superstation package. But this advantage is small potatoes compared to the superb advantages we get from D*.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)