New Car

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
I'm looking to trade in my 2002 Tracker for a more fuel efficient vehicle.

I'm looking at something inexpensive, so the Scion xA and Toyota Yaris are both at the top of my list.

I do like the Dodge Caliber however, but I'm not impressed with it's fuel mileage.

Any suggestions?

schwinn-supersport-white.gif

Oh yeah, I could easily make my 60 mile round trip comute on that, lol.

My wife and I are looking to buy the Yaris sometime this month. With mileage around 40MPG, you can't go wrong. Just watch out about the price. The Toyota website shows that the base Yaris has an MSRP of just over $10,000. I can guarantee you that you won't be able to find one for less than $14,000.

Currently, I am renting a Dodge Caliber (hit a deer with my own car). I drive 200 miles a day for my job and I can tell you that I am getting 28 MPG.

You will be MUCH happier with the Caliber than either of the other choices. In fact the Caliber would be the choice if I were looking for a car ATM.

used to? Don't know about you but my pedals can still mess me up pretty good if I screw up hard enough...

Say, wonder why carbon doesn't come in puke-green colors like this bike...

Neutron said:
I'm looking to trade in my 2002 Tracker for a more fuel efficient vehicle. I'm looking at something inexpensive, so the Scion xA and Toyota Yaris are both at the top of my list. I do like the Dodge Caliber however, but I'm not impressed with it's fuel mileage. Any suggestions?

Any thoughts on the Toyota Prius or Kia Spectra ?

With some of these gas efficient cars (hybrids) you cannot save enough money to make up for extra cost of the vehicle.

^ From experience or from reading articles stating such? If you drive a lot, you're fine. Besides, it's not supposed to be about the $ savings only, there's the environmental aspect to consider as well.

DOWN WITH OIL, DOWN WITH OIL, DOWN WITH OIL

>Hugs tree<

Well, our bank preapproved us yesterday.

The only stipulation is they will only do up to 85% of MSRP. I talked with the salesman I had been working with at the Toyota dealership and he said that due to the newness of the Yaris, he didn't think they could discount it that much.

The one little problem I have is my trade in. I'm about $500-1500 upside down on it, depending on which trade in value they go with.

Good news is the salesman already knows this. He says that even though they probably couldn't discount the Yaris enough, they can do some deep discounts on the Corolla, plus they have the $500 cash back offer which will help some. So today after work I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get. The only thing that sucks is this dealership is near the airport, which is a good 35 mile drive away. I really hope I'm not going to waste the trip out there.

animalhouse said:
Currently, I am renting a Dodge Caliber (hit a deer with my own car). I drive 200 miles a day for my job and I can tell you that I am getting 28 MPG.

Still driving the Caliber. My car won't be done til next week!!!! I can't wait to get my AUDI back! :(

BTW, I get 30 MPG with my Audi A3.

Well, the Toyota dealership was going to rip me off. I went to Texas Toyota.

They were only going to give me their minimum trade in of $4000, and all used car trade in guides value my vehicle at $5500-6500.

Good news is our bank has agreed to refinance our vehicle, so we will be saving money, interest, and time on the loan.

I wouldn't sacrifice size/safety for mpg. Yaris/Civic/any small car=death trap.

You'll be thanking yourself later after you walk out of an accident.

Dont touch any KIA for anything. They are total garbage. My wife worked for Enterprise rent a car for 5 years and they had more than one KIA come to them without the airbags installed. It would take 3 months for the dealer to get the bags from Korea.

Dodge has the employee pricing deal on this month so you can get on cheap. Plus a 750 rebate and 500 rebate if you are a vet. The "trade in value" is just a number they show you on paper. You will get screwed 100% of the time when you trade in a vehicle.

VIPERS-PIT said:
The "trade in value" is just a number they show you on paper. You will get screwed 100% of the time when you trade in a vehicle.

Not if you have a POS Mercury Mystique. :eek: Hell, anything they give you for it would be a positive thing. I'm going to use one as a trade in this month. If they give me 50 bucks, I'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)