New changes in Albuquerque's TV market

N5XZS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Albuquerque, NM, USA
I noted that KLUZ-DT has just added a new subchannel 14.3 or rf ch. 22.3 now HSN 480i 16:9 format. Soon to be Court TV.

As for KTFQ-DT 41.3 or rf ch 42.3 temporary showing KCHF-DT religious stuffs programming in 480i 16:9. Not sure what kind of new programming is will be in the future.:)

KRTN-CA has moved from rf ch. 39 to a new rf ch. 18 still remapped to ch. 39.1 and up.

Please note ME TV is in HD 720p and the Jewelry home shopping channel is in 480p 16:9 on remapped ch. 39.3. Buzzer and others are still the same 480i 4:3 format.

There might be more changes in upcoming future!:biggrin

Trip, Found the press release from prnewswire.com dated at 12-10-18.:)

Univision's or Entravision's agree to carry Court TV in Albuquerque's market and same as well for other TV markets.:)

That's how I got the informations and besides I knew they were going to add it anyway.

Any news on KTFA-LP's status? :rolleyes:

Still running color bars NTSC analog on rf channel 48.

I think they forgot to turn off the transmitters since their license may have expired!:eeek

Yes, I know that Univision and Entravision will carry it. I was asking how you know that it will specifically replace HSN. I've heard nothing to suggest that, and if you know something I don't, then I want to make sure RabbitEars reflects it.

*shrug* KTFA-LP turned in its license. I have no idea why they're wasting the electricity running it. I'm sure T-Mobile will get it turned off within a few months.

- Trip

Trip, Not sure if they are moving or just fill in temporary for HSN on KLUZ-DT, and I noted that 16:9 format looks right on remapped ch. 14.3 and the same time on KTFQ-DT remapped ch. 41.3, 16:9 aspect ratio was not set correctly by showing letter box from top to bottom.:rolleyes:

Don't if HSN will stay on KTFQ-DT or not at this time.

Btw, KYNM-CA, needs to be corrected on your channel listing Antenna TV Network on rf ch. 21.1 is not in HD but sending in 480i 4:3.:)

KASY-DT, not showing Cozi aspect ratio in true 16:9 format, on remapped ch. 50.4 in 480i still in 4:3 format.:rolleyes:

Compared to real Cozi on FTA satellite in true 16:9 format.:)

Hope this helps!:hatsoff